Domestic USD transfer from card via ACH

Say I work at sea and start to get paid in USD currency via a money card. That card is from a company that is infamous for being crooks, and charge you fees every time you use it, so I’d prefer to simply transfer all the money to Revolut or something similar. Also very important to receive the money in USD and convert it within Revolut (mine is a EUR account). I will not be working physically in the US, so the transaction will need to be done electronically.

I thought domestic transfers in USD were cheap. But then it happens that if you don’t have a US bank account, you’ll need to use a transfer service like Western Union. But it turns out if you use your card to make an ACH transfer, the institutions will consider it cash advance and charge a much higher fee.

Revolut will give me a USD account but no ACH account number (and I’m pretty sure the Lithuanian IBAN they provide won’t be accepted to receive USD). Wise and Payoneer will give me an ACH account number.

So now, I have two options: pay a cash advance fee with WU that can be over $100 and wire transfer to one of my ACH accounts, or have WU convert my USD salary into EUR and transfer the money to the Lithuanian IBAN ($2 fee, but much worse exchange rate)

Can anyone think of a better option? Anyone here based in the EU and getting paid in USD (not business account)

1 Like

Hello @alexfrmrio :wave: ,

Thank you for explaining your concern here. I am sure our users will help you with their POV.

Additionally, I would like to inform you that you can receive transfers from your employer directly into your Revolut account in AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, QAR, RON, RSD, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR. For more details, you can check our article here - Want To Receive Your Salary? :arrow_backward:

You can also check our various price plans where you can avail the benefit of Currency Exchange amount with no additional fees (Mon-Fri) - Compare Plans :r:

SG | Community Team

Maritime companies pay via a prepaid card, they will not wire transfer the salary to me.

Where do I find my ACH details for my USD account? I can only find IBAN, which is not used in the US

1 Like

@alexfrmrio , Only as an American customer, you will have access to:

• :us: USD local account (Account number, ACH routing number, Wire routing number),
  • :uk: GBP local account (sort code, account number)
  • :earth_africa: SWIFT account for international transfers in all supported currencies

:mag: To find these details in-app, please check our guide here.

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Ok so confirming what I suspected, there are no ACH details for Euro customers. Thanks

Coming back to the other question: does anyone know the cheapest way to send a domestic USD to USD transfer from a (debit) card?

1 Like