Debit cards recognized as a credit cards

I would love to, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to send a direct message in this app. Can’t see this option in menus or shortcuts.

Is this some trust-level nonsense? I am a bit confused. Perhaps you could DM me, then I could at least reply … I hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure! :slight_smile: Let me do that for you.

I have similiar case, my debit card is treated as credit card. Why your support cant manually change this? why they ask to deliver additional proof that my card is debit if they are not able manually change this?

Is is true that you are storing information about card even I delete this card from app? @anon33247966

They rely on industry wide databases. If a card is recognized wrongly, it can have different reasons. I consider it fair if they ask to show some evidence. It could be a photo of the card that shows debit printed on it for example.

What they will do, I assume, and have done in the past is update their database that certain cards will be recognized correctly.

When you consider that Revolut has to pay merchant fees for these card transactions depending on card type, isn’t it just fair if they want to be sure cards are recognized correctly?

They shouldn’t ask about additional confirmation from bank if there are not able manually change type of card. Simple.

Someone saying they can’t change it manually does not mean they can’t forward it to the relevant team. They did it before. These changes are not made on a per customer base but globally. Of course I would want proof that a bank really is issuing debit cards with a certain BIN if the publicly available databases tell me otherwise.

Dear AndreasK, I am a revolut Metal plan account holder. A payment on my account is pending and inapp chat is not responding for 4 days already. I need some payments to make and it is very important for me. Could you please help.