Debit cards recognized as a credit cards

Hi,

I have few MC debit cards which are recognized as credit. It’s been always my problem with revolut. Any solution for this?

Proven Debit card taken as Credit

Hi @zsorda

Is there any indication on your card that states it’s a debit card?

No, I have some credit cards where credit is stated and I have debit cards
where debit is stated.
But these two debit cards have no signs.

Can you please send me a direct message the first 6 digits of your cards so I can take a look?

550069 and 554522
thanks

Hello there, I am having the same issue, could you please take a look at my Debit card and see why it isn’t being recognised? - 516273

Hi @Beverlion,

Your card is international classified as Credit Card, can you double check it with your bank?

Yeah. I’ll check this and come back to you. Many thanks!

Yes that’s a commun issue for a lot of people.

With the new regulations here in Europe (at least) new issued cards are printed with a “DEBIT”, “CREDIT”, “PREPAID” (?) indication on it. :smiley:

I have same issue. You detected my card as credit, but it’s debit.
544403, and printed on face “debit card”

Hope that it will be fixed for you if you send an image to the in-app support of your DEBIT impression on your card to maybe whitelist it. :smiley:

I have the same problem and contacted the support chat which was really nice and helpful.
However they told me that it can take 1 month to be fixed.

I have the same issue. I am certain that it is a debit card. First numbers 5539 11

Hi @KIZS,

@julien is right! Please contact our support team via the in-app support chat so we can fix it. As @Tacite said it can take up to 1 month to be fixed.

@robert.dolca I have checked it for you and your card is international classified as Credit. You may need to contact your bank for clarification.

Best,

Andreas

I tried the same. I am fighting with them since March. They promised me that it will be fixed, but still recognized as credit, that’s why I have opened this topic.

I have a newly issued debit card (just got it), and debit is not stated on the card. It was issued in Hungary.

There is nothing I can do. It is a debit card and there is no question about that. That is how they issued it.

You can check by yourself here : http://binbase.com/search.html

I have checked my card in binbase, it says it’s debit.
But revolut support has a different database, which says it’s credit.
In the reality it’s debit, but not stated on the card face.

What shall I do?

Contact the in-app support chat and give them the 6 first digit of your card.
They’ll fix it. It can take up to 1 month.

I have tried this several times. Since march, so it’s been about half a year now.
I gave it a try - once more today, we will see.