CHF transfers

I sent 4000 the other day with no charge to my UBS account

Itā€˜s getting pretty strange now. Sometimes there are fees and sometimes not, even to the same bank (UBS in this case). And the higher amount is free while a small amount is not? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sorry for asking here but im not able yet to create a new post. And in the end its also about transferring money back in CHF.

I was eating in a restaurant in the US May 15th and the charged my credit card 2 times. Once before taxed (USD 681.98) and once after (USD 800.00). So the 681.98 should be cancelled / refund bit its still not on my card. I read about in the FAQ and they said it should be back automatiquely after 15 days but its still not after a month now. I contacted the restaraunt and they said, they only charged the USD 800.00.

What can I do ?

Thank you and best regards
Mitchen

It would be really appreciated if Revolut could post a statement about this @anon33247966

Have you already contacted the Revolut support?

I have recently tried transferring 10 chf from Revolut with EU IBAN to UBS in Switzerland, and I have only received 7CHF. Revolut and UBS both state that they do not charge for transfers, which is technically correct. But neither could explain what intermediary was used and what the actual fees should be. I have also previously transferred 1k chf from UBS to Revolut and the intermediary fee was 8 chf.

So I suspect that the fees are 8 percent plus minimum 3 chf.

Does anyone know an optimal way to transfer CHF from Revolut EU account to a local Swiss bank? Since Revolut no longer allows local Swiss transfers for non-swiss residents, it is really annoying paying those fees, especially that I will need to make more transfers in the future.

Some options that I have considered are

1. withdraw money in Switzerland, but there is a monthly limit
  2. ask a friend who has a Swiss revolut, but not sure if there wont be a problem or questions from a bank if I transfer large sums
  3. use TW, but their fees are even higher

Any suggestions?

Hi expat

firstly, what do you mean with ā€œEU-accountā€? Euro (EUR)?
If you were refering to EUR - you might check if it was 10ā‚¬ you transfered to a CHF-account; which might lead to exchange-ratesā€¦

Also, topping up your Revolut-account using CHF->CHF via the collective-account shouldnā€™t lead to fees. (donā€™t top-up to a EUR-account, bc many banks in CH charge for SEPA-transfers and will convert the amount from CHF to EUR).

But essentially - since the competitors started using Mastercard-Exchange-Rates without fees when using the cards abroad and a certain german competitor now being available in CH, too - thereā€™s no more reason for using a service, that promised so many things to swiss customers, and didnā€™t keep a single one. A combination of ā€œgerman competitorā€ (including TW - first create the TW-account, then register with the german competitor with the same credentials so TW and 26-Account get linked) enables a similar featureset as :r: ) and Neon or Zak in CH - and thereā€™s, sadly, literally nothing :r: offers for swiss customersā€¦

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

By an EU-account I meant that I have opened an account in Germany and I have DE IBANs for all my currency accounts. That is, I only have one IBAN and one BIC and I can hold any currencies I like (though I only tried EUR, USD, GBP and CHF, not sure about other).

I did transfer 10chf, and the fees were taken because it was a cross-boarder swift transfer

Just to reiterate my point. I can indeed load CHF or EUR into revolut account with a bank card without any fees. And I do like exchanging currency in my revolut account, since it usually still offers a better rate and just simply gives you more control. What I am having issues with is transferring money back from my revolut account to a Swiss bank. Since I can only do that with a swift transfer which involves practically untraceable fees (in theory, if you are an institutional client, you can negotiate and get clarifications on this).

I definitely agree with your comment on the competition and I know a lot of people who very strongly prefer using TW or 26, but I think that is a separate discussion.

Hi Everyone,
It seems Iā€™m confused.com. Yesterday I made a transfer from CHF Revolut account to CHF Neon account. I transferred 120 franks. This morning I received this money on Neon account. However, I received just 108 franks. So, it means, that I was charged 10% (12 franks ) for the domestic transfer. I contacted with Neon and they confirmed that the received amount is 108 CHF. On the other hand, Revolut claims that all domestic transfers are free of charge. So, where is the truth? Or, it is a scam? Unbelievable!!!

Thatā€™s due to Revolut does NOT offer a domestic account for CHF; they have a shared account with CS to top the revolut-account up, but the CHF-account does not have a CH-IBAN, thus every transfer in CHF from Revolut to a swiss account is handled by SWIFT. With high fees.

1 Like

Will remember that for future and use this Revolut just for making payments during my euro trips.

try to ask to the support, itā€™s not normal. I have transferred 900 CHF recently to my BCGE account and I have of course received 900 CHF. Maybe NEON is wrong and they applied a fee for an international SWIFT transfer with the ā€œSHAā€ option?

Hello!

I tried to make a top up from neon to revolut but it was sent back. I think I put everything well with the reference and beneficiary, tried a second time and it didnā€™t worked as well. Can you explain me how I should be filling the transfer transaction from neon to revolut?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Why donā€˜t you use the neon Credit Card for topup?

I tried to transfer (2021, Jan) from Neon to Revolut, using the corresponding Swiss IBAN number, and it was sent back too.

Credit card topup is an option but I am trying to set up periodic transfer from neon to revolut.

Brexit impact on Swiss customers:
The fact that Swiss customers are not migrated to LT IBAN but stay with non-EU GB IBAN renders a lot of revolut services pointless in Switzerland.

With a GB IBAN any EU Bank will charge transactions fees!
Prior brexit GB IBAN was EU and therefore, I could use my GB IBAN to pay EUR to anz EU bank, free of charge.
This is the main adavantage of Revolut in Switzerland.

@Revolut: Without an EU IBAN Swiss customers will gradually leave once they start noticing the feesā€¦ sad!

I can see Swiss customers being migrated to the Irish entity once itā€™s ready. Thatā€™s where ā€œwesternā€ European customers are supposed to be located eventually after the Brexit enforced detour to Lithuania.

1 Like

ā€œOnce it is readyā€ā€¦ Until then, we have to pay high fees for each money transfer. @Revolut, please act now. Switzerland is no the UK, offer to switch our accounts to Lithiana as promised!

Where do you have to pay higher fees? AFAIK GB remains in the SEPA area?

1 Like