CHF transfers

SIC is Swiss Interbank Clearing:
https://www.snb.ch/en/iabout/paytrans/sic/id/paytrans_swiss_interbank_clearing

This is run by SIX on behalf of the Swiss National Bank (SNB).

Ok, but then this indicates that the transfers are being sent as local. Or the CS receives the funds as Swift from revolut (intermediary bank) and then sends it locally with fees deducted. Is this possible? :thinking:

Anyway, CHF transfers from Revolut to Santander in PL is still free (at least for me)

From my personal experience its all free.

Never paid any fees for bank transfers with Revolut.

• turbo :wink:

Thanks for the update.

What gabriel1231 said sounds logical to me, and CS is taking a fee for this service. At least in some cases.

• To UBS: 3 CHF (amount ~100 CHF)
  • To PostFinance: 12 CHF (amount >100 CHF)
  • To Cler: 0 CHF (amount 50 CHF)

Any other experiences?

1 Like

10 CHF test to Credit Agricole (nextbank), CHF account in Switzerland - there was no fees, and it arrived as SWIFT

Hmmm, I have new message from Revolutā€¦

but basically they didnā€™t change anything?
they said it was sent SHA for quite some time already. :thinking:
i would honestly feel ripped off if they only changed that for Switzerland before

Maybe you have heared of ā€žNeonā€œ if you live in Switzerland.
(If you want to try it out, itā€˜s free and please use the Code 6SHU3H in case you sign up).
Anyway.
Revolut to Neon and Neon to Revolut the transfer is free.

If you have Revolut and need something to pay those orange pay slips (ESR) ā€žEinzahlungs Schein mit Referenznummerā€œ it is a very good complementary service for Swiss users. Also E-Bill will be build, the developer have promised for 2019. ;). Or do you still have an Account you pay for?

1 Like

Hi Stefan

Could you pls elaborate the ā€œRevolut to Neon and Neon to Revolut the transfer is freeā€-line?

Did you transfer by creditcard or by bank-transfer, how many times aso?

Hi the-mike

I transferred money by bank transfer.
Topping up by CC I havenā€™t tried out yet.

From Neon to :r: via collective Credit Suisse Account for CHF payments and from :r: to Neon using my Swiss IBAN from Neon.

Despite feesā€¦

I use Revolut mainly for its great exchange ratesā€¦ and that saves me a fkin ton of money :slight_smile:

Itā€™s very easy Revolut: As long as I m not sure if the reciptent will receive the full amount, I will not use you for EUR/CHF exchanges. CHF/EUR is working great, but I cannot understand why itā€™s so difficult for you to open a bank account in Switzerland and send the payments in CHF locally from this accountā€¦ I rather use TransferWise for EUR/CHF exchanges even if I have to pay a fee because there I know at least that the reciptent will get the full amountā€¦ A statement would be really appreciated @anon33247966

1 Like

ā€¦ and of course this compromises CHF payment transfers of any amount to 3rd parties, when you cannot be sure how much money arrives at the other end!

1 Like

Hi Stephan

What was the amount of your transfer from Revolut to Neon? Like many other Swiss Revolut users I am looking for a way to transfer CHF from Revolut to my Swiss bank.

Exactly! Thatā€™s the problem.

It was CHF 50 only.
If you register please use my code 6SHU3H
Thanks
Stefan
Btw. Also topping up using the neon credit card was free of charge. I also tested this with CHF 50 only.

neonā€™s card is not a credit but a prepaid one just like Revolutā€™s

Yes. Itā€™s a MasterCard prepaid. If you use :r: you can use Neon for Swiss specific stuff like the orange payslip and hopefully later in 2019 also ebill. Have your salary booked there and then use the MasterCard (or local payment) to top up. Good combo. IMHO only. :smile: If you are nice you could also use the MasterCard for some of your local spendings. There is just this one thing with real time bookings, but thatā€™s another story.

Thanks Stefan.

Does anyone have experience of sending larger amounts e.g 1 or 2 thousand CHF from Revolut to a Swiss bank with no charges? From what I read, amounts of less than 100 chf sometimes have no charges.