Chargeback Experiences?

Hi all, an update for all of you and I cannot quite beleive I am typing this next statement.

So after a my chargeback sat idle with the team for a month and a half something with has yet to be explained by @AndreasK I was awaiting the new date of April 12th.

The 45 days were up the other day and although not quite April 12th I contacted Revolut for an update. I cannot believe it but I was told the final date was May 1st!!! So instead of 45 days it is 70?!!

I asked why it had been put back to May 1st and no answer. What on earth is going on at Revolut? Bear in mind I raised the chargeback on January 14th.

I cannot believe how poor they have been on this issue. The constant mis information and lack of process is an embarrassment for Revolut.

@Chan @alessandro @popm

It is over 45 days since February 20th @AndreasK. I have waited since January 14th, I would like an answer now please. The 45 days have elapsed and I am not putting up with this constant delay from Revolut.

So something that should have been max.(!) 45 days is now 105 days and possibly more?

@AndreasK, I believe this needs more than a ā€œour team is looking into itā€ response at this point. This is beyond reasonable now.

I have the same issue. I filled Revolutā€™s charge back form on December 2nd 2017 (129 days ago) and itā€™s ā€œstill processingā€. @AndreasK is currently looking into this for me.

Wow! That is crazy. Have you had reasons for it being pushed back?

They told me that have technical issues with their payment processor.

Iā€™m sure they are looking in to and will apologize for the delay, while most licensed banking institutions would have resolved similar cases within 2 weeks time

My case was that the ATM took money from my account but didnā€™t dispense anything. I hope that this delay will not create any problems in claiming my money back.

I have had the exact same case ongoing since February 21st. Donā€™t rely on those money showing back anytime soon.

I am terribly sorry, but I really believe these cases justify a complaint at

I am certainly not fully familiar with all the details and there might be a justification for a delay*) in some case but we have four cases here (@Docilton, @Chan, @popm, @Anouar) which are still unsettled and one settled one (@Lol) where the 45 day period was significantly exceeded and I cant imagine all of them justify such a delay.

Sorry :r:, I do side with you when people make outlandish accusations - that simply does not seem to be the case here.

*) Though, arent the 45 days a hard limit? Can they be arbitrarily extended?

3 Likes

Hi @alessandro,

Thank you for the link. I have now been informed by Revolut that it was a mistake and that they meant to say April 12th not May 1st. Apparently they were looking at the wrong chat.

Regardless, it is over the 45 days since February 20th so I have asked for an answer from them. Should I not get it then I will be filing a complaint with the ombudsman. January 14th was 85 days ago. February 20th was 48 days ago. Time is up!

I will update people here on what response I receive.

I must say that this is disappointing and frankly unacceptable.

Revolut need to take full ownership of transaction problems, and settle cashbacks promptly, efficiently and without unnecessary hassle. It is one of the building blocks of trust between customers and the institutions that hold our money in trust.

I had a chargeback with Curve (Spanish ATM did not give out any cash) and they were helpful, efficient and paid me back in full and within the agreed time frame.

Can we have some actual feedback from Revolut themselves? Some info on why this is happening from @AndreasK. This is frankly worrying.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this. Revolut have responded to my formal complaint and have said ā€˜Based on the information provided and our internal review, weā€™re unable to uphold your complaint.ā€™ Iā€™m really unhappy with their nonchalant attitude towards the whole situation. The whole process for me took 111 days from when I raised the issue with Revolut to when I actually received back my money.

1 Like

If you look in to their licensing agreement you would know that this answer is in breach of their regulatory requirements, despite their terms and conditions. I would urge you to file a complaint with the ombudsman. PM me if youā€™d like to include my complaint reference along side yours.

1 Like

Hi there.

Really sorry to hear that your experience with Revolut was not pleasant. However, reviewing your formal complaint I would like to clarify that our complaint analyst has fully explained the issue and you have been offered a premium account for the delay.

As mentioned in our formal response, the issue was related to our payment processor which was resolved. Moreover, if you are not satisfied with the solution given, you can escalate your case to FCA as explained in our final response.

As I have explained in my response to the email, absolutely no mention was made about the delay of 2 months before the charge back was raised. If the problem that occurred with the payment processor was an isolated issue, I wouldnā€™t have complained but the combination of issues is what has really irked me.

The email I received in November stated : The good news is that weā€™re on the case and will make every effort to resolve your dispute with the merchant. We may reach out to request some more information from you about the transaction.

Unfortunately this process can take some time, as MasterCard requires us to give the merchant up to 45 days to respond to our dispute before we can claim your money back.

Thanks in advance for your patience and weā€™ll keep you updated every step of the way!

Highly indicating that the process had begun, not that it wouldnā€™t start for another 60 days.

I just received a reply from Revolutā€™s chargeback team :
"Due to the issues with our third-party payment processor we couldnā€™t raise chargebacks for VISA cards before 18th March 2018. Your chargeback has been raised on this date, which means that the deadline for the procedure is 3rd May. I apologise for the delay, please let us know if you wonā€™t hear from us by then. "

3rd May will be 5 months after I initially raised the chargeback claim.

God almighty, the whole thing is embarrassing

@Lol I could not agree more with your post. I sent mine January 14th and yet it was not raised until February 20th! Upon further investigation today I was told that it was not actually raised unul February 23rd, three days after they said it had been. So my form was just left lying there for a month and a half.

1 Like

Revolut need to be more transparent and open with the problem of the third party payment processor and issue information and apologies to those affected. (And compensation for the delays in processing).

If it were me I would be livid. The principle of vicarious liability applies. It matters not to their customers whether itā€™s a problem with the payment processor. What matters is that Revolut put it right. Period.

4 Likes

Agree!

Revolut seems to approach this (and some other similar issues) with a bit of too much nonchalance in my humble opinion.

3 Likes