Chargeback Experiences?

Experience shows that mentioned a competitor on the forums will get your account suspended, keep it in mind.

1 Like

@AndreasK, please clarify/confirm that this is actually not the case.

I’ve mentioned N26, Monzo, TransferWise and Azimo (and even recommended the latter two to some users for some particular more fitting scenarios) and I’ve been suspended a whopping zero times.

Joining the forum and posting “Revolut sucks, Competitor X is better and you should all use it” as your eleventh post is another story"

EDIT: no, hold on, actually I’ve mentioned a lot of competition haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alessandro you have been an active member of this community long time :slight_smile: You know this is not the case.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thanks

Well, I have never mentioned any of them myself so far and have to admit I didnt pay too much attention to in whatever hole others - who might have made such references - might have disappeared, while wearing an orange suit ;). And to be completely honest, I wouldnt have expected issues of the sort mentioned in this thread either.

Its just that this thread does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, considering that the concerns voiced here do seem to be justified and Revolut does not seem to be too keen to appease these customers. The generic responses quoted do not necessarily add to improving that impression. In my opinion Revolut - the company, not you guys - unfortunately let these customers down and I’d hope these things will get sorted out in the coming months.

I said it many times - and am still convinced of it - Revolut has a lot of potential, there are not many banks (or better yet not a single one to my knowledge) out there who offer what Revolut offers or plans to offer, but looking at the desperation of some customers (including those here and excluding the admittedly many cases where it is because of the customer’s negligence) is not a nice thing to be honest, nor does it exactly increase confidence in Revolut.

@popm, about suspensions, I understand your frustration but lets not get myths started either, shall we? :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I agree with most of the points you’ve raised matter of the fact is that my forum account was suspended for give or take two weeks once I mentioned a competitor. It could’ve mostly been the context. (i.e. I suggested that a user opts in for a competitor’s service rather than rev considering they deal with some matters far better, looking at general internet feedback)

Fair enough and should be clarified. Andreas denied any such policy nor would I actually expect Revolut to suspend accounts for merely mentioning a competing platform but if you experienced that very thing in such a precise context it does deserve being addressed.

Your account was suspended because of violating our community’s guidelines.
Here at Revolut, we believe and promote free speech, we never suspend an account because of mentions competitors. In fact, you can search and find plenty of posts where users mention competitors.

1 Like

What?! Me? But, but, but, but! Let me check :laughing:

No seriously, thanks for the clarification. Does that sound reasonable as explanation, @popm?

It’s never you :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know, painfully aware of it :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Any update- did you manage to get your funds back once the 45 day period elapsed?

Hi all,

So today I received a message to say my chargeback was successful and the funds would be deposited in my accounts today.

Will let people know if that actually happens and update with feedback.

Hi all,

So money came back into my account today. 87 days ago I filled in the forms with Revolut and finally the money came back in. I have little else to add, I have found Revolut’s handling of the issue embarrasing for them. Whilst on the road I cancelled flights with airlines and once they refunded the money my revolut card was blocked each time.

We have a company that tries to be a bank but takes three months for chargebacks and blocks refunds. I have been using Revolut for two years and bar the last 4 months they have been excellent and I would constantly recommend them. Revolut is great for weekends abroad and for backpacking to a certain extent.

Thanks for all for their input

@alessandro @Doppjunat @Anouar @Platin @popm @Lol @Chan

7 Likes

@Docilton Did you use Visa or Mastercard?

Hi, My revolut card is a Mastercard.

1 Like

I submitted a chargeback request last week and still haven’t heard back from revolut yet. How long shodld it take for revolut to submit the chargeback to Visa?

The chargeback is for a phone I bought from China and the contracted shipping included that the phone would enter Europe through Belgium instead of going directly to Portugal to avoid being held in customs. As the tracking shows the seller, probably to save money shipped directly and as such it’s now held in Portuguese customs.

Adding to that even if I was willing to pay the fees, I still wouldn’t be able to pick up the phone as according to the customs office the package is marked as “gift” and they’re asking me what’s my relationship with the sender and the reasont for the gift. I never asked the seller to write anything of the sort as I know those kinds of tricks are a huge red flag to Portuguese authorities. Obviously I will not lie to authorities and as such I can’t pick up the package.

The seller claims that they aren’t able to fulfil the shipping option THEY offered and as such shipped directly, so they themselves admit to not shipping as contracted and additionally when I ask them about the gift situation, they deflect and answer something else unrelated.

Let me just add that this sort of arrangement were Asian sellers offer to Portuguese buyers different European entry points for items from Asia is very common and has always worked without issue in the past.

This is my first ever chargeback experience and Revolut is being very unclear and unresponsive regarding procedures and timelines

Cheers Platin! Thanks for your input.

Hi,

To save you the trouble of reading back. I filled in the forms they sent me and then when I chased it up it turns out they hadn’t raised it. Seems there are two raising stages. When you get the second email with the price of the refund then you’re on the right track.

I would chase them up. Good luck

I am commiting fraud?? Care to explain?

You should have a minimum degree of certainty about what you’re talking about befor making baseless accusations. It just so happens that you obviously don’t have a clue of what you’re talking about. Please read the applicable laws and regulations before accusing people

Honestly I don’t even know what you’re talking about