Change initial country

Hello @anon71086934

My phone is also stuck, as it doesnt even let me sign up. I tried to change countries but didnt make it and in addition it gets stuck on the terms&conditions page and even though I accept them it shows an error message.

@anon71086934 I have also put the wrong initial address but I’m now stuck in a loop where I cannot finish account creation to get access to the help chat and I cannot correct my country by starting over in the app. Would you be able to reset my account?

SOLUTION: To change your country, you need to delete your account. You cannot do this without finished the setup. In order to get past the infinite loop, you need to upload a picture containing a face. It doesn’t matter what it is. As long as the software recognizes a face, you’ll get past this screen and to the home page with your account in review. The account will be denied but you’ll at least be able to get to the main app where you can go to your profile and delete your account. Once this is done, you can start your registration all over under you same phone number and input the correct information.

Hi all, after moving from France to the US, I deactivated my French account and created a new account with my US address. Problem, after creation, Revolut has deactivated my account. I am working in the US with a non-permanent visa and I am a French citizen so I checked not-US citizen checkbox when creating the account. When I enter in the App, I do not see any way to get help or start a chat. Does anyone knows if the deactivation could be related with not being US citizen? Or is this something else?

1 Like

Wise allows to change residential country without opening a new account :relieved::wink:

Hi everyone :wave:

We have an amazing FAQ that will help with all your queries about changing country :partying_face:

But, I will leave here the main point about changing countries: the countries you can change your address to depend on the Revolut entity, your account is registered with. At the moment, changing country address between Revolut entities is not possible. You can only change the address to countries that belong to the same entity, as the one your account is registered with.

Hope this helps with everyone’s queries :smiling_face:

Enjoy your app :earth_asia:

1 Like

Same problem here was in Sweden when I wanted to try Revolut, I did not pass the identification process since I do not have any swedish documents and now I am stuck. Please help.

Hey there, I also put the wrong country when registering, and now there is no going back. Could I get some help please? :slight_smile: @anon71086934

Hi!
Indicated incorrect initial country during registration. Now I can’t fix it. Reinstalling the app doesn’t help. I live in Cyprus, but the application says that the postal code is incorrect. Please help with problem

1 Like

@berling Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community. We are excited to have you here. :hugs:

Please refer to the solution provided above by @Mariana_Rodrigues. In case of further queries or concerns do not hesitate to contact us. :blush:

Veda | Community team

The problem is that the solution @Mariana_Rodrigues described does not help me, I did not register. I entered the original country incorrectly and this country is not supported by Revolut, because of this I cannot complete the registration.