Apple Pay support

Not really. There are many more that offer Maestro with Apple Pay such as Bunq, ING, Bank Austria etc.

SIX Payment in Switzerland is also planning to add Apple Pay and Googe Pay to the common debit cards in Switzerland by replacing the Maestro brand with MasterCard Debit. Visa will go the same route from V-Pay to Visa Debit. Only then it will be possible for Swiss local debit card owners to even know the number of the card. Currently that number is not even printed on the card.

As a side note, SIX Payment services is a local company formerly owned by many local banks and providing services to them like managing all the card issuing aso… It has recently been sold to Worldline.

3 Likes

Did somebody tried to withdraw ow from ATM (with contactless option) with Apple pay? Is that possible?

I tried and it didn’t work with Visa nor MC.

With Revolut cards is not possible but with other cards on ApplePay it is.

1 Like

Is there particular reason?

PS with Monese it is possible so it should be possible theoretically with :r: too?

1 Like

I still cannot add my Maestro card to Apple Pay… why is this taking so long?! :disappointed:

2 Likes

There is one bank in my country that has contactless ATMs, but they mentioned that it only works with their own cards. If you want to use one issued by a different institution, you still have to insert it. It might be the same situation :man_shrugging:

The strange thing is that with Monese it works (withdrawing ATM with Apple Pay).

The strange thing is that Google Pay (I know that GPay is something different than APay :slight_smile: ) with Revolut Visa works, with Revolut Mastercard- doesn’t (it used to work)- I mean withdrawing money from ATM using Google Pay.
Revolut claims that this is because of Google Pay, Google Pay claims that this is because Revolut set this up in wrong way…

Yeah, that’s really annoying. :unamused:

Maestro is working again in Germany. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for info! It really works.

I can confirm that. Maestro is also working for me now with my iPhone and Watch. Good News…

1 Like

Great news - let’s hope it lasts!

It’s working for me too :slight_smile:

I have excellent news!
I was able to withdraw money via Apple Pay from ATM with Mastercard AND Maestro.
Visa still doesn’t work.

1 Like

I like that idea somehow. Are there contactless working ATMs in Germany, too?

Before 1-2 weeks I have tried in Bulgaria but got some strange error after PIN and selecting the amount. But remember I tried with VISA. I will try with MC

PS
What is your MC BIN?

MC: 5273 4615 (czech)
Maestro: 6798