Any news on Revolut Bank

… for which you inevitably have to pay.
Traditional “bricks and mortar” banks are expensive to run which is what makes :r: so attractive. You pays your money, you takes your choice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is a two side story:
For me, having a small amount of money with Revolut, which, if there is a problem support does not solve in reasonable time, does not affect me much as I never depend on Revolut for anything. It’s a nice toy to save money with.
On the other hand, Revolut wants to be the main bank account for people. That does not go well if you depend on it and have no decent support and communication possibilities.

For me it will stay a niche to do card transactions with less fees but I would never trust them to put big chunks of money into their hands.

@OliverCH I see your point but that is no reason not to upgrade your account to :r: Bank.
No-one is saying that, by doing so, you have to use it as your only banking source… just that by doing so, any funds held are protected - so what’s not to like?
I upgraded my :r: account to a Bank for that reason and to benefit from the FR IBAN (meaning that I don’t have to declare a foreign held account annually to the French Fisc - a legal requirement for which, if not done, could see a fine of 15,000 € for each account not so declared.
However, I still maintain my French “bricks and mortar” bank account (for which I pay a fee) and I’m quite content with that.
It’s all about choices really and the freedom to do with my banking as I see fit in my circumstances.

Revolut gives again a bad news to users of valid physical cards.
These are card users who have paid for them and Revolut has notified via email that it is replacing them without asking the owner’s consent.
This shows us that Revolut does not guarantee that a card that has been purchased can be used until it expires.

@gabrielmc and your problem with that is…

No issuer every gives that guarantee. If an issuer becomes aware that a card is compromised for example, they are going to replace it before expiration date.

Revolut switches cards for free. So you’re basically getting a total extended period of validity without paying extra for it. And how is this related to the topic about Revolut Bank? They’ve switched cards summer last year already in some areas.

2 Likes

I dont want extended period of validity without paying extra for it . I just want to keep my old still valid card . I payd for this card , is my card till will expire .

Hello,

Revolut did not announce in any way about the card that it is compromised .
I dont want extended period of validity without paying extra for it . I just want to keep my old still valid card . I payd for this card , is my card till will expire .
They’ve switched cards summer last year already in some areas and that action was ilegal too and now they want to do it again .
They announce about closing the cards starting with date 25 aug 2022 in that time Revolut UAB is already closed so Revolut Bank is closing the cards ( is this related to the topic about Revolut Bank ) .

It’s simple really… if you no longer wish to keep your account, close it or stop bleating about something insignificant :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The validity date is not a legal date like an end of contract. I am skeptical that any lawyer would consider a card replacement for technical reasons illegal.

Validity dates for cards aren’t part of any contract, they aren’t mentioned in any T&Cs. They often vary between 3 to 5 years, and not having them consistent is sometimes part of a bank’s security strategy so that the validity date can’t be guessed. It’s still used in e-commerce for verification. Banks often don’t want validity to be too long because they can’t change the card configuration that easily.

2 Likes

You didn’t answer Frank’s question, which is most rude of you :frowning_face:

Tank you Frank for your response now i understand whats about .

For a fast and simple response to other users you can simply say this : " Revolut UAB issued this cards and Revolut UAB will no longer exist in few months so any cards issued by Revolut UAB will no longer valid " .
This why Revolut Bank it give to us replacement cards and this is the only solution avaible .

Here’s the thing: I have no idea if that’s the reason. And I have not said so. On the contrary, I don’t actually think this is the reason.

Revolut force-replaced two of my cards summer last year. One virtual, and one physical card. The replacement cards were then again issued by Revolut Payments UAB. (Not Revolut Bank UAB). And they are still valid, and I expect them not to be replaced again in August. Also, Revolut did not force me to replace all my cards. I still have active cards that are a couple years old.

Just recently, many Irish users had to replace cards. Moths before the merger is going to come into effect.

Also, why would Revolut be shy about this? They could just tell customers why they had to replace the cards, like they informed customers about the merger itself.

You’re right in this, my point is more the fact that they don’t behave like a bank would need/is expected to do in my legislation. Switzerland btw is still served by the UK entity under the electronic money license so I would not even have the opportunity to switch, even if I wanted to.

How can I create post in this community?

I do not see why it’s such a drama honestly, they do it for free which means it cost them money. So there is probably a good reason for them to do it.

1 Like

perhaps in order to make a crisis out of drama :thinking:

Because it’s in their favour to be a bank, business wise. They don’t do it for free in that respect.

With an electronic money license they have to have the customers money in ring fenced accounts on other banks to protect it. A bank on the other hand can work with the money they get from customers. Although there are rules in place, like the customer protection in case the bank goes bankrupt, the customers money is only protected up to a certain limit.
If an electronic money institution goes bankrupt, the customers money should not be affected.

2 Likes

Whilst I have been moved to the FR IBAN entity :slightly_smiling_face:, I have a friend who lives in France with a :r: account still on the LT IBAN and he has not been offered the upgrade.
He has contacted :r: through the app and they have been unable to say how this can be achieved.
Has anyone any possible solutions/ideas as to how to trigger the move to a FR IBAN if the app/email has not offered it?
For reference, he has confirmed his status as a FR tax payer, so it does seem rather odd.