Any news on Revolut Bank

He’s right and DGCCRF just announced they will fine those that do not respect it.

When using a debit card in the UK you can get cash back from retailers. Is this possible in Spain?

Just got email from revolut saying they will automatically move everyone (in Latvia at least, I guess) to their bank starting from July 2022.

1 Like

me too for France.
The question is, given that there have been problems in the past with the LIT IBAN not being accepted by utilities in France, notably EDF, the impôts (tax office) and the health service, will it now change as :r: becomes a bank rather than a fintech?
Anyone in France currently who has changed to :r: Bank and still has this issue or has now been able to persuade these institutions to accept them as a Bank I’d be keen to know. I know that they shouldn’t refuse the LIT IBAN but they actually do (it is France, after all) :grin:

I don’t think all of this is really related. It happens roughly at the same time, yes, but they are not tied together.

Revolut Bank started in various European markets in the last year or so. But here’s a funny detail: Revolut Bank was the deposit service for Revolut Payments. The bank was storing our money, which was then “converted” into e-money so that we could use it on the Revolut app. Revolut changed the backend, but the frontend remained an e-money based product: the app and all the services related to it.

What I am understanding now is that Revolut streamlines their operations by merging Revolut Bank and Revolut Payments.

There are indications that Revolut actively works on providing local IBANs for France.

(Many fintechs are banks, no? Bunq and N26 for example. I would still call them fintechs.)

2 Likes

I switched to revolut bank before but it did not change anything except for the guarantee of the money I think.

As Frank say they are currently working on French IBAN (some users already got it).
I did not have any trouble for LT IBAN except for sécurité sociale (but it’s probably more an technic incompatibility).

1 Like

One more thing to know for France, if you have to pay professional VAT tax (impôt TVA pro) you need a SEPA SDD B2B (prélèvement interentreprises).

According to “iban dot com/iban-checker”, Revolut is not providing this service.

Asking other questions here (can’t start a thread right now since I’m new) :

With a Revolut standard account, is there a limit to outgoing transfert ?

• number of monthly transfert ?
  • max amount in €uro ?

if to another :r: account, no
If transferring in the same currency to say your French Bank account in Euro, no (you wouldn’t want to do a transfer in a different currency to your FR bank, because that would mean them doing the conversion to Euro at a less than attractive rate)
Hope that helps.

@ Graham_Lees Ok, thanks

1 Like

Just signed up for my French IBAN, easy as pie!

2 Likes

As this is now a French bank, the account should no longer be required to be declared on the cerfa 3916 (Foreign bank accounts declaration) although the 3916 will need to completed to indicate the LIT account has been closed.
Would you agree?

I think so.
The transition from LT to FR was really easy and instant btw.

1 Like

I know, I know, nitpicking. But I guess, it’s a Lithuanian bank with a French branch? A quick check, bottom on the profile page, should name the legal entity.

(Regarding tax declaration, I would guess you’re drawing the correct conclusion. But I have no idea.)

as ever @Frank you are quite right.
At the foot of the Account Details page it lists the Bank’s address in Paris :smiley:

1 Like

I live in Italy and my Revolut Payments account will transition to a Revolut Bank account in July. Will this account be subject to the Italian tax (imposta di bollo)?

I don’t find any mention of this in the ‘Fees’ section of the account documentation.

Thanks.

Consider this reference. Maybe that will answer your question.
It’s unlikely that :r: will be concerned with this.

Hello,

Any news about Revolut Bank ? , will be Revolut Bank sold to another Bank ? .

I asked this question yesterday and my post was not aproved , as costumer of the Revolut i have the right to know .
My question is not against the rules of this forum, if anyone is upset about this question then let me know.

Kind Regards,

The Commercial decisions taken by :r: are beyond the scope of this user forum.
What matters is that, no matter what, your funds are protected and the decision to remain with :r: always remains with you.

There are news about Revolut bank that will provide better customer support than Revolut UAB ?

Revolut UAB has a weak customer support, does not have support on the phone, does not have support in Romanian language , does not have email support . I accepted Revolut UAB as is because it is not a bank but from a Revolut bank I have expectations to rise to the banking support offered by other banks that exist in my country.

If anyone is upset about this question then let me know , tell me where I’m wrong and I can correct myself .

Kind Regards,

1 Like

There’s no indication about changes in Revolut’s support. Limited customer support, often limited to online chat or mail, is common for “challenger banks” like Bunq, N26 and Revolut. It’s often a selling point for other players like more traditional banks to offer better multi channel support.