How to start a new topic

For those who are new to this forum and looking for the “new topic” button:

It looks like you can only start new topics once you have progressed to “member” rank.

(My first hypothesis was it could be the number of badges earned but it looks like it is the rank)

The requirements for progressing to “member” rank are listed here:

However, Revolut might have modified those, so I’m not sure if this info is exactly accurate.

98 Likes

you just did start a new topic - this one :wink:

17 Likes

Right, because I just earned the capability to do so. This thread is for people who still don’t have a “new topic” button.

26 Likes

Needed a post to explain it :joy:

20 Likes

There is a link in the community FAQs as well.

11 Likes

Right, except that it doesn’t mention starting new topics.

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy you’re posting this here. Everything helpful is good. :+1:

(But I do think not being able to start a topic is implicitly being mentioned: „not being able to perform certain actions“.)

12 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully replying will earn me some badges!

15 Likes

Was actually looking for this! Thank you for posting it!

11 Likes

Thanks for posting this @johndoe179. New members who are confused about their status will find it useful.

7 Likes

You are absolutely right, Revolut does seem to have modified them, which makes things quite confusing for members. In the description of Discourse Trust levels, it says:

Upon transition to trust level 1, users are sent a congratulatory PM which also links to this blog post and invites the user to fill out their user profile, or start a new topic.

This is in fact partially true – you do actually receive that PM, inviting you to start a new topic. The hitch is, you can’t – I assume because Revolut has changed this.

16 Likes

i was wondering how to start a new topic

16 Likes

Was wondering from where can I post a new topic. This explains it. Thanks

9 Likes

And where can I fin.d the “start new topic” tab/button.

10 Likes

Its usually on the main page an accessible when your Trust Level is sufficiently high. Yours currently is Basic User and will be available IIRC when you are promoted to Member. The first post in this topic ↑ explains Trust Levels.

5 Likes

Did it work for you? Because i just need to ask some stuff but i cannot make topic yet :joy:

8 Likes

Use the Search icon image to check if someone else has posted a similar topic for you to post your question in - this may be preferable to starting a new topic (and someone may have already answered your issue anyway). The site does not require a new topic for every new question and a little research can provide many benefits.

8 Likes

Geezus why is it so difficult to start a new topic…

Very counter intuitive if you might ask. I’ve been searching for my issue about my account and I cannot log into the app nor SPEAK to someone because it says I need to be in the app from the get go, WHICH I CANNOT LOG INTO…

8 Likes

I suggest to search for “Contact Revolut”.

3 Likes

There are already many topics on exactly that subject (not being able to log in) so no need to create another new topic on that subject anyway.

3 Likes