Add Revolut account to Paypal

Guys, here’s an update: You can add your GB IBAN into PayPal if you use the mobile app. Mobile app gives the option to choose the country of the account.

I’m sure this option will soon be available to desktop too, meanwhile, just add it from mobile PayPal.

Cheers!

3 Likes

What about other currency’s? I have a UK Paypal account with USD credit, I am trying to send USD from PayPal to the USD account in Revolut. PayPal asks for a Sort Code and Account number. But on the Revolut account information for USD , there is no sort code or account number.

Only a, Reference number, Beneficiary, IBAN, BIC , Bank Name, Beneficiary address.

I don’t want to use PayPal to exchange the currency from USD to GBP because the rate is horrible, outright theft. Anyone achieved moving USD into a Revolut?

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

Do you have the possibility to add an US bank account to your UK Paypal account?

best regards

Gabriel

Hello Andreas, I am from Greece.
I want to tranfer funds from my paypal account to the revolut one.
Can u help me with that?

1 Like

I’m afraid paypal forces you to convert to your home currency before withdrawing. My advice is to only use the scam that is paypal when absolutely needed…

1 Like

There is a possibility… I will write you a PM :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s restricted by PayPal. All European PayPal accounts must have europeans bank accounts (ibans).

You can create a new PayPal account in US.

Keep in mind that revolut doesn’t provide us USD accounts as local Americans, so we have to wait until it’s land official in US.

An other way would be TransferWise borderless account, but I never tried.

I tried it with a TW borderless account, it’s working :slight_smile:
I had to call the PayPal US hotline a few times but now all is ok :slight_smile:

All you need is a US address and a US phone number. I used my myus.com address (address for receiving parcels) and I downloaded an app where you get a free US phone number, problems solved :joy:

@Water-Fire

1 Like

Great, which one did you add to PayPal, wire routing or ACH routing?

Wasn’t someone also able to add the Revolut card for withdrawals from a Paypal US account?

I added the ACH number :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure you can do that, but after you receive money there a few times paypal will freeze your account and request ID verification. If you’re not American, say goodbye to your money. You’ve been warned!

Also paypal US doesn’t allow what they classify as virtual accounts like transferwise, meaning next time they do their monthly sweep the account will be removed from your PayPal without warning and you won’t have a means to withdraw money from paypal

You don’t have to be American, you only have to be a resident :slight_smile: , I could verify me with a Swiss ID.
They have removed my bank account once but I called them and they said it’s okay and re-added it :sweat_smile:.

Sure there may be a few ways around it for now, but they’ll eventually freeze your account and you won’t be able to unfreeze it. Believe that I know what I’m talking about

Yes, I know what you’re meaning. :slight_smile:
I know that they could freeze my account every time, so as precaution my balance is 0.00 $, I only send money to the account when I want to withdraw money :slight_smile:

When they freezed and blocked my account I was unable to send a payment (even .01 $) but I was still able to refund the money back to the other account :wink:

I dont know how talk with by DM, about to create a US bank account…thanks.

Hi :slight_smile:

Sorry for my late answer, I have currently to do the military service for my country :wink:
You can get a free US account if you use TransferWise: https://transferwise.com/u/gabrielb221
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

best regards

Gabriel

Just FYI, I have just successfully added revolut account to Paypal.

At first it didn’t work because I pasted account number with spaces betwen groups of symbols. So it showed red and I thought IBAN is rejected. Then I figured I can remove the spaces from IBAN and it just worked. I was not even asked to verify account. It immediately showed as confirmed.

I withdrew some € and now waiting to see if the transfer will go through soon.

So probably issues are gone now. At least in Europe (I did from Bulgaria).