Withdrawing from PayPal to my Revolut card

Hi Irina,

It doesn’t seem to work anymore. I also tried withdrawing GBP, EUR and USD from PayPal into Revolut and it always converts it to EUR or RON, depending on selecting the Revolut account or card. PayPal is pretty messed up, here are my results:

From GBP to Revolut IBAN it converts to EUR
From GBP to Revolut Master Card it converts to RON
From GBP to ING RON IBAN it converts to EUR
From GBP to ING RON Visa Card it converts to RON

I think PayPal is rigged to always convert money on transfer so that they rip you off at the conversion rate. I decided to never withdraw PayPal and rather just spend the money I have there in same currency shopping. I understand now how Musk became a billionaire off of PayPal, the service is rigged heavily!

1 Like

Oh and yes, I have my PayPal default currency set as GBP and the actual funds in PayPal that I try to withdraw is GBP also. So even if my source is GBP and destination is also GBP, PayPal just converts to EUR :confused:

What is the base currency of your Revolut account (the first one you had)?

You can write mail to PayPal or contact them via the phone to request debit card default currency change, eg my visa was recognized as UK card and PayPal offered me to exchange USD to GBP. I requested them to change my cards currency to USD so there is no exchange with PayPal nasty exchange rate. :slight_smile:

The first ever top-up I did on activation was with 50 RON.

Hey everyone,

Since I started the topic, here’s a reminder of how you can solve all your conversion issues: contact PayPal by phone (not by chat, not at all!) and tell them exactly what currency you’re withdrawing and what currency you’re looking forward to getting on your Revolut card. That’s it!

1 Like

Yes, that’s mostly the case. I am still amased that they accept revolut on paypal. Tho, waiting for revolut to become a bank

Ofc paypal accepts ibans, there is no issue with that

Whaaat? You can use TransferWise (Borderless) USD account, it is possible.

I have had issues withdrawing funds from my Paypal to my Revolut Card.

I have received the following email twice now:

Your bank has let us know that you can’t use your bank account ending in XXXX to fund PayPal payments. If you already have a card linked to your PayPal account, we’ll use it to fund your future payments.

“How to make future payments with PayPal”

If you don’t already have another bank or card linked to your PayPal account, you need to add one to fund your future payments. To link a card or bank, log in to your PayPal account
www.paypal.com/uk
https://www.paypal.com/gb/?utm_source=unp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PPC000111&utm_unptid=ca80de56-ca3d-11e9-a29b-441ea1479d80&ppid=PPC000111&cnac=GB&rsta=en_GB&cust=88E6C798NTPSJ&unptid=ca80de56-ca3d-11e9-a29b-441ea1479d80&calc=e3001e2f60166&unp_tpcid=null&page=main%3Aemail%3APPC000111%3A%3A%3A&pgrp=main%3Aemail&e=cl&mchn=em&s=ci&mail=sys , go to ‘Profile’ and then click ‘My Money’.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Any help would great!

Then tell me why I cannot add IBANs but only US based bank accounts. I have a Croatian PayPal.

Hi Victorstan! Did you find solution for this? My funds are in US$, i am EU citizen, and would like to circumvent Paypal conversion to EUR. Thank you in advance!

I also had to contact PayPal and tell them to manually associate the right currency with each card, otherwise they pretend they associated the wrong one just to charge absurd conversion fees when doing a withdrawal.

After PayPal associates the right currency to your card, you will be able to withdraw a few times, afterwards they have two tricks, one is to simply hide your card from the withdrawal page, another is to display an error “Things don’t appear to be working right now”, all that just to prevent you from withdrawing without paying conversion fees. Horrible practices.

In reality, at your bank, the card doesn’t need to be in the currency you associated at PayPal, your bank will make the conversion in that case.
Just at PayPal, associate the card currency with the main PayPal account currency, so PayPal cannot convert anything.

Just change your main PayPal currency to euro. However, if you receive mainly USD on your PayPal, there will be another drawback…

1 Like

Hello,
Because i cannot open new topics, can anyone tell me, if i withdraw something like 8000-9000 USD from Paypal to Revolut, will Revolut ask for documets of source, like they say it can be?

This is a difficult question to answer. Fraud detection learns over time how one uses an account. Anything out of the ordinary more likely triggers a source of funds check.

When i change my card’s currency to USD paypal won’t let the transaction through unless they convert to GBP