Wire transfer to TD Ameritrade

Hi guys,

Has anyone successfully made a bank transfer to TD Ameritrade from Revolut?
I’ve tried both options which are listed there, because I wasn’t sure where the institution Revolut uses for transfers is located (inside or outside the US). The transfers are always refunded after a few days (one week). I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong.

How would you go about setting up this payment in the app?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Did you find an answer to this problem?

Unfortunately no… :frowning:

Same here! Tried a transfer this week. Still waiting. Does it work for you now?

It seems that the problem is from TD bank side as I have been transferring funds to Ally bank, DCU and even Monzo accounts without any issue so far.

hi people, has anyone managed it to transfer money to TD Ameritrade from Revolut?

I am currently sending my money from my bank to Revolut, then back to a USD account at the same bank. And then from there to Ameritrade. The costs are low enough and I don’t risk my Revolut account getting locked as both accounts are in my name, and no pooled accounts or otherwise non-standard transfers are involved.

Nonetheless, it takes longer than it should and at least one SWIFT transfer is unnecessary. So, if anyone has done it successfully without any issues, I’d be interested to know.

Same problem here. Revolut support is useless. They keep saying, please fill in the beneficiary form and that’s it. I think they don’t even understand what i am talking about… That s the difference between a real bank and revolut.

I got the root cause from the support. When they send the rouning number, they send it as ACH not ABA. In order the transfer to be successful they should start support sending via ABA route number.

Hey Guys, It’s work for me!
I used this information:

TD Bank USA,N.A
200 South 108th Avenue
Omaha, NE 68154
routing number 021912915
Account number YourNumber

3 Likes

hi Texas, could you help me too? We’re discussing about TD Ameritrade. You have transfered to TD Bank. Do you have an investment account at TD Ameritrade? If yes, how did you fund it via revolut? Thanks!

Hi, Texas,
Managed to transfer also money! :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly! I have investments in TD Ameritrade, and I live in EU. I follow this procedure and works for me! I advise you to try with a small amount. I did with U$2 and works perfectly and no fees!

1 Like

How were you able to indicate your Investing Account Number? In the “Comment/Reference” Field of the payment within Revolut? I mean, if you send money to TD Bank, for them it’s like receiving funds from Revolut itself. How they know that it comes from you as an individual customer of them?

THANKS A BUNCH!

Hi, Texas,

One stupid question, I`m living also in the EU, do you know a way how to buy US ETFs, because due to regulations TD Ameritrade forbids it.

I used the same data as Texas to make a transfer, sent $2 with no additional information in the reference field, and the money was credited to my TD Ameritrade account in the same day (at about 5 PM ET, so at the end of trading). So thanks for that, I’d been stuck for some time!

Small amounts seem to pass by with no need for anything in the reference field. Larger amounts need to have the “For further credit” bit with your Ameritrade account number, name and address in the reference field or they get refunded.

Hi! Old thread, but I’m trying the same, and getting funds sent back. Anyone had any recent success wire transfer to TD? Thanks

I made it by Texas method. Remember choose the business account, not individual. And Revolut need notes now, you could write your name and address in the notes.

I have the opposite problem I cannot transfer funds from TD ameritrade to a EU revolut account. Is there a workaround for this? TD ameritrade say since revolution is not a bank they will not transfer funds