Which Revolut account will foreign card transactions debit from?

It is regional. UK is the only region, as far as I know (edit: and probably Switzerland), where crypto balances can be used for direct card spending.

(This was possible for everyone when Revolut first introduced crypto, but it was disabled and reintroduced for the UK in the way you’re seeing it now.)

1 Like

Here’s the FAQ article confirming this: Help Centre | Revolut

2 Likes

Learned something new again, shouldn’t assume it looks the same everywhere. Not that I really see myself using this feature. Hopefully it helps @Sidlozzo with their GBP and Yen issue.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies.
After a lot of painful trying this and trying that, I discovered that I must have changed the “spend from” settings on my card to my GBP account right at the start. When I only had GBP!

So I changed settings to “spend from” JPY and it’s worked beautifully ever since.

Cheers all

2 Likes

Hi @Sidlozzo :wave: ,

Glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. :heart: Let us know if you have any other concerns. :blush:

@Frank @glesga Thank you for helping out buddy. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

Where can I find this “spend from” setting? It’s not available in the card-settings section. My standard account is in EUR (Germany) and I have a sub-accound in GBP for future trips to the UK, but never had balance on it until now. Possibly the setting is only available, when the sub-accound has a balance?

Kamika242

1 Like

It’s not available in all regions!

1 Like

I found it in “Cards” heading, then “physical” card, then “settings”. The first option is “Spend from”.

I guess you can’t spend from an empty account though, yes.
Sid

2 Likes

It’s not available when you’re registered in Germany!

2 Likes

It’s not available when you’re registered in Germany!

Thanks! Some things are not easy to find out or unterstand, even after reading the FAQ.

So I need a simple explanation, example:

• Revolut account registered in Germany
  • EUR account holds 1000€
  • GBP account holds 500£
  • in UK I pay 5£ by card, no conversion by the retailer

Which account will be charged?

1 Like

Your GBP balance should be charged.

Here’s the relevant FAQ article: Help Centre | Revolut DE

When looking up the FAQs, make sure to switch on Revolut’s website to your region first. Informations differ between regions. External links from a Google search might link to wrong informations for your region.

4 Likes

@Kamika242 , Hope this resolves your concern. :heart:

@Frank , Thanks buddy for always being there. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes