When splitting bill..

I’ve realised when I go to restaurant, shop etc and I pay for two person and ask money back/split bill, then I can see it categorised as croceries, transport, travel etc but my friend who also uses a revolut sees it only as a payment to me(transfer) even if we both know that it was payment made in other country (not in the country I live) , and money for example was spent on food. So when there’s case of splitting bill would it be possible to see under the categories where it actually belongs. Also what I’ve found is that when I pay for someone else and split the bill then another person actually pays me the money back but it is also added to my top up limit. So it’s done two times first to his/her account and when I split the bill and he/she pays me the money back it is added to me again. (For example I add 100 euros to my account and pay restaurant bill, then I split it with my friend. 50/50.He adds 50 euros to his account and returns me 50 euros. No I have 150 euros used on my top up limit and he has 50 euros used on his yearly top up limit. I think this is not really right. I think it should be that I still have 100 euros used on my top up limit and he has 50 especially when we both use revolut. And with others I think it’s quite well verified from who I got the money and what was the reason behind this.

4 Likes

thank you very much for the insight!

I agree with @bishralkhallali.
Split bill does not work correct regarding categories and showing how much you have spent.
So until this is solved, categories and all graphs are showing wrong numbers.

2 Likes

It’s like @bosko121 said, the categories and all graphs don’t calculate the right amount considering the money that you have received back. Also the budget, if you set it for a category, doesn’t consider the money back.
In my opinion this is a big bug for Revolut app. I use very much the categories and the budget of Revolut, but this bug break down the capability to show the right info in the categories and in the graphs.
Moreover there is another big limit in the splitting bill function.
For eg. if i spent €100 for food but i want to request to my friend only €35, i can’t use the splitting bill because it only divide the total account that i have spent by the number of the contact that i add fot split the bill.
To do it i should create a request of €35 to my friend, but in this way i don’t see anywhere that request is linked to the payment of €100 for food…
So in the splitting bill there is no way to change the amount to request for every contacts that partecipate to the bill… And i have to create requests of money back that haven’t any link to the original bill that i have paid…

1 Like

Now the statistic for the categories work fine with the split bill but persist this limit: “Moreover there is another big limit in the splitting bill function.
For eg. if i spent €100 for food but i want to request to my friend only €35, i can’t use the splitting bill because it only divide the total account that i have spent by the number of the contact that i add fot split the bill.
To do it i should create a request of €35 to my friend, but in this way i don’t see anywhere that request is linked to the payment of €100 for food…
So in the splitting bill there is no way to change the amount to request for every contacts that partecipate to the bill… And i have to create requests of money back that haven’t any link to the original bill that i have paid…”

You can modify the amount you and the other person(s) pays by pressing on the amounts and then editing directly. For example, you have a bill of €100 so it initially splits it €50/€50. Press on the amount next to your friend and change it to €35, your amount will then automatically change to €65.
If you are unable to modify the amounts then there is something wonky with your app. I am using the android version so cannot say for iOS, but the functionality is there so should be the same for both.

1 Like

@mjread you are absolutely right! I didn’t know there was this possibility! Now i see that also you can block the amount for one of the participant of the split bill so you can manage the other amount as you like… For example if the bill is split by 3 or more…
Thanks a lot!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like