What Is The Revolut Reader and How Does It Work? 💳

Hello everyone,

Today, we’re going to talk about the Revolut Reader. It’s our card reader, which allows you to accept in-person payments from your customers.

Can anyone order a Revolut Reader?

To get a Revolut Reader, you need to have an approved Merchant account and be a Revolut Business customer in one of the following countries:

• Ireland, Italy, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Luxembourg, Slovakia

Payments accepted through the Revolut Reader will be settled into your Merchant account.

How much does it cost? :moneybag:

Our Revolut Reader costs £49/€49 plus shipping fees. There’s no monthly fee to use the Reader, you’ll only be charged a per transaction fee for payments accepted via the reader.

Details of those transaction fees can be found on the following pages, depending on the plan relevant to you:

How do I order a Revolut Reader for my business? :inbox_tray:

You can order the reader before applying for a Merchant account, but your reader will be shipped once your merchant application is approved and you complete your identity verification.

To order a Revolut Reader in-app:

• Go to the ‘Merchant’ tab
  • Tap ‘More’ → ‘Order a Card Reader’

To order a Revolut Reader on web:

• Go to the ‘Sales’ tab → ‘Order a Card Reader’

You have the option to purchase a maximum of 20 Revolut Readers. Once your order is shipped, you will be notified via email and SMS regarding the delivery updates and tracking details. Please note that the delivery may take up to 5 working days.

How do I set up my Reader? :gear:

To set up your Revolut Reader, you must have a fully active Merchant account and complete identity verification. Ensure that your profile has the necessary usage permissions, which your account admin can provide. Once you’re all set, simply:

1. Open the Revolut Business mobile app
  2. Go to the ‘Merchant’ tab
  3. Tap ‘New request’
  4. Choose Card readerConnect a card reader
  5. A popup will appear, prompting you to connect a card reader using Bluetooth. Scan and select the card reader
  6. Confirm the six-digit security code on the device and the card reader for the first time pairing

The setup happens automatically, and it may take up to six minutes for a software update to complete. Once you’re successfully connected, you’ll be guided to the new payment request screen.

For additional help, here is our Revolut Reader User Guide

How can I set up a payment request? :thinking:

To make a new payment request, you’ll need to:

Go to the Merchant tab > tap Request > select your Reader > enter the payment amount when prompted.

This should generate the payment request on the Reader. After your customer pays, you’ll see a confirmation in-app and on the Revolut Reader screen. Right after, you’ll have the option to send your customer their receipt.

Does the Revolut Reader accept all payments? :earth_americas:

Our Revolut Reader accepts Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Amex (only in UK) including contactless payments and Chip and PIN. Customers can pay with digital wallets, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.

You’ll only be able to use the Reader in the same country where your business is registered‌. The good news is you’ll be able to accept payments in multiple currencies. This includes: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, PLN, SEK, USD, ZAR, zł, lei, Ft.

All payments processed through the Revolut Reader will show up in the Merchant section of your account. You’ll be able to check all invoices from the Invoices tab.

Now that we’ve given you the low-down on the Revolut Reader, have you got any questions for us? Feel free to drop them in the comment section below. :arrow_double_down:

Pere | Community Team

8 Likes

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters