What Is The Revolut Reader and How Does It Work? 💳

Hello everyone,

Today, we’re going to talk about the Revolut Reader. It’s our card reader, which allows you to accept in-person payments from your customers.

Can anyone order a Revolut Reader?

To get a Revolut Reader for your business, you’ll need an active Revolut Business account in one of the following countries: Spain, France, Italy, Ireland, or the UK.

You’ll also need to have an approved Merchant account as part of your Business account. Want to know more about how to set up a Merchant account? Check out our article ‘Requirements to apply for a Merchant account’.

How much does it cost? :moneybag:

Our Revolut Reader costs £49/€49 plus shipping fees. There’s no monthly fee to use the Reader, but there’s a small fee for every accepted payment. Shipping and payment acceptance fees stay the same across all plans except Enterprise.

Details of those transaction fees can be found on the following pages, depending on the plan relevant to you:

How do I order a Revolut Reader for my business? :inbox_tray:

Just follow these simple steps in the Revolut Business app:

Go to Settings > select Devices > tap Revolut Reader > enter your delivery address, which must be in the same country that your company is registered in >
enter your payment details and finalise your order.

You’ll receive an email and SMS with delivery and shipping details. You can track the shipment using those details. Most Readers are delivered within 5 business days.

Your business can order up to 20 Revolut Readers depending on your needs.

How do I set up my Reader? :gear:

To set up your Revolut Reader, follow these steps:

Turn on your reader by pressing the power button > Go to the main screen of your Revolut Business app and select Request > tap Connect a card reader and select your card reader > enter the six-digit security code provided in the app and on the Reader

After this, you should be good to go. You’ll then be directed to the Payment request screen.

How can I set up a payment request? :thinking:

To make a new payment request, you’ll need to:

Go to the Merchant tab > tap Request > select your Reader > enter the payment amount when prompted.

This should generate the payment request on the Reader. After your customer pays, you’ll see a confirmation in-app and on the Revolut Reader screen. Right after, you’ll have the option to send your customer their receipt.

Does the Revolut Reader accept all payments? :earth_americas:

Our Revolut Reader accepts Visa and Mastercard, including contactless payments and Chip and PIN. Customers can pay with digital wallets, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.

You’ll only be able to use the Reader in the same country where your business is registered‌. The good news is you’ll be able to accept payments in multiple currencies. This includes: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NOK, NZD, PLN, SEK, ZAR, and USD.

All payments processed through the Revolut Reader will show up in the Merchant section of your account. You’ll be able to check all invoices from the Invoices tab.

Now that we’ve given you the low-down on the Revolut Reader, have you got any questions for us? Feel free to drop them in the comment section below. :arrow_double_down:

Pere | Community Team

8 Likes

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters