Verification problem, new card, excitement short lived

Hi, @RevolutStaff team.
Got my Revolut card yesterday and I wanted to verify my identity right away. I used my passport, and a selfie. After a minute or two I get a message “Unfortunately we’ve not been able to verify your identity…” Took pics second time, same message. Then I tried with my ID card and selfie. Well that made things even worse ! My account went into “reviewing your profile” Limit went from 250€ to 0€! 12 hours later no feedback, no live support, I can’t use my card or top it up. After initial excitement and your kind offer for free Revolut card this is a cold shower.
PS. My problem is solved. Thank you, happy now :yum:

DId you contact the support?

1 Like

I tried in app, live chat.

Using “live agent”?

twenty

1 Like

Make sure to provide sharp, readable, well lit, unaltered and uncropped photos of your documents via in app chat and ask them to verify your identity manually. (Verification is an automated process and most problems occur because the computer can’t read the documents due to bad photos.)

1 Like

I used live agent in chat, yes

As far as I can see the photos are perfect. You can scan bar code from my passport no problem. And I am so handsome you can’t mistake my photo with anything else :grin:

1 Like

Did you get a response?

1 Like

No response :confused:

Maybe try “resolved” and then “live agent” to start a new session.

Alternatively, @anon33247966

1 Like

Ok. I did that. It told me that first available Agent is in 2 hours :open_mouth::hushed::roll_eyes::smirk::persevere:

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.

1 Like

Thanks, Additional info, now I got a sms message “Unfortunately we’ve not been able to verify your identity…” for my attempt to verify with ID card and selfie from 13 hours ago but Verification&Limits is still in Pending verification.

PS. Contacted in app

My problem has been solved. Verified by Agent over in app chat. Thank you all for advice and help :slightly_smiling_face: Hope the app gets fast as AndreasK is :slight_smile: And I wish your service gets better and better also that I never complain again

1 Like