Using multi-currency card

Original Post:

Bonjour,

Je pars prochainement en Hongrie et j’ai donc acheté des florins sur ma carte Revolut, donc maintenant j’ai un compte en eur et l’autre en HUF, je voulais savoir si au moment du paiement en Hongrie la devise sera détectée ou si je dois positionner le paiement sur la devise du pays ?
Merci pour votre retour
bonne journée

Translated Post:

Good morning,

I’m going to Hungary soon and so I bought guilders on my Revolut card, so now I have one account in EUR and the other in HUF, I wanted to know if when paying in Hungary the currency will be detected or if I must position the payment in the country’s currency?
Thanks for your feedback
Have a good day

2 Likes

Original Post:

Bonjour,

La sélection de la devise de paiement est automatique. Le prélèvement se fait dans la même devise de paiement si votre solde le permet, sinon une conversion est faite depuis votre devise de base (l’euro).

Puis-je payer dans une devise spécifique ?

Cdt.

Translated Post:

Good morning,

The selection of the payment currency is automatic. The withdrawal is made in the same payment currency if your balance allows it, otherwise a conversion is made from your base currency (the euro).

Can I pay in a specific currency?

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:,

Thank you for raising your concerns with us. To assign a specific currency or cryptocurrency to your card:

• Go to your Cards section in-app by tapping the card icon in the top right
  • Select a card, and tap Spend from in settings
  • Choose a single currency or ‘all main accounts’ (recommended) to spend from

:point_right: If you don’t have enough money in the assigned currency, the payment will get declined even if you have enough in another currency.

:point_right: Currency assignment is card-specific, so you should repeat the process for each card to change currencies.

If you’re wondering which currency will be deducted normally if you don’t assign a specific one, please check this FAQ link - Which currency balance will be deducted for spending? :hugs:

Welcome to our Community @fousia @Reyuu. :r:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

do you mind adding screen shot, i don’t find spend from in settings

1 Like

Hello,
The option “Spend from” doesnt exists in the settings of my cards (version 10.23, Revolut France).
Regards.

2 Likes

hi there is no “Spend from” in settings @SG.Mandal at least in France. When I want to be sure to spend from specific currencies, I put all the money in Pocket VAults and leave only the currency(ies) I want to spend from available.

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:,

I see that you’re all experiencing difficulties with the steps, which can differ based on the regions. Let me help you with the FAQ link - Can I pay in a specific currency? :arrow_backward:

Please make sure to adjust your country settings before you check out the FAQ link. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hello,

You’re right @SG.Mandal, thanks.

The document : Can I pay in a specific currency ? is available in french (for France): Puis-je payer dans une devise spécifique ?, but the anwser is totally different :person_shrugging:.

So, users with french account can’t choose the payment currency.

1 Like

As far as I know, this functionality is limited to the UK app (and probably Switzerland). It was introduced to be able to link a card to a crypto balance, to enable “crypto spending” without the risk to spend crypto accidentally.

1 Like

@Reyuu, I am grateful that I could resolve your queries. Keep exploring our community. :r:

Thank you for the insight @Frank. :star:

SG | Community Team

Yes it is available in Switzerland.
But please be aware, that according to the explanation, it only sets the source of the funding. It’s not preventing DCC or some other magic. If you pay in another currency then the card is set to, it will convert.

1 Like