Use Revolut in Seychelles

Dear Revolut Community,

Happy Easter!
Me and my wife will be traveling to the Seychelles in two weeks. I am very new to Revolut and currently using a standard account. Just received my card a few days back and haven’t done any purchases/conversions yet. I have a Euro account and haven’t seen an exchange option to convert my Top-up to Seychellois Ruppee (SCR).
What needs to be done before traveling ? (I will definitely try to shop at home using the card to see if it works)
What needs to be done on arrival in Seychelles that the service/card could be used without problems/extra charges?
Can I use a local SIM on my Revolut Phone while being abroad and still use the services(Understood that I might not get notifications or verification codes)? or will it get blocked?

Thank you very much for your time and tips/suggestions.

1 Like

Hi there. Have you already verified your account? Tap More–>Profile–>Verifications & Limits. Also, make the first card transaction via chip & PIN.

You can’t exchange to SCR in the app, however the card will automatically convert to the local currency.

Find more info here: https://bit.ly/2GrtjXb

Safe travels! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon71086934 Thank you for the reply.
Yes, My profile has been already verified. I will surely try a physical card transaction before flying.

“You can’t exchange to SCR in the app, however the card will automatically convert to the local currency.”–> So do you mean I just need to tell the merchant that I pay in Seychellois Rupees and Revolut will convert this transaction with the current FX rate without additional charges?

What is your opinion regarding using different SIM on same device abroad?