Updated Password

Hi. My app is asking me to update my password, but when doing it says this action is forbidden. I tried various passwords unsuccesfully!

1 Like

without further detail it’s not possible to offer help in this forum. My wife had a request on her mobile to update the password and she did so by creating a new password with 6 digits which worked perfectly well.
Is that what you are doing? is the app up-to-date from the download store? Are you trying to add letters or symbols rather than numbers?
If you are still unable to access the app (leaving the password as 4 digits will not work) then consider contacting :r: using one the methods [described here]
If that resolves the issue for you, please let us know by clicking on the tick icon directly under this reply.

2 Likes

when i go into my account it asks me to change my password to update the security but when i change the password it says that action is not allowed

2 Likes

I cannot launch the app on my phone.

Last week I had to change the pin to six digits, which unfortunately I forgot. Today - with a face check - I changed the pin. Since then I can’t launch the app, after launching (Revolut logo screen) it exits with a blank.
Error message: “Revolut will repeatedly quit” or something similar

Can U help me pls?

Thx,
Koppany

2 Likes

I have been trying to access to my account. I have tried using the reset Passcode. But when I hit forgot Passcode it says We’re sorry something has gone wrong. Please try again later. And I cannot do anything after that. It didn’t even take me to live chat after locking it over 7 times

2 Likes

@jacqui1 @koppany @Captaindan
Welcome to the forum.

@SG.Mandal
Given the number of people raising this issue (each with their own post, some of which I have moved here) is there an opportunity to create a pinned information post which users can be referred to?

1 Like

I do not understand why the topic was merged. To where it was merged, the password change action was forbidden, but in my case the application cannot be started after a probably successful password change. I think this is not the same problem.

1 Like

but the solution quoted probably is :wink:

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Kindly follow the basic troubleshooting steps first :arrow_double_down:

• Clear cache & cookies: Ensure to clear the cache cookies on your phone.
  • Strong Wifi: Make sure to check your wifi connection
  • Updated version: Don’t forget to download the latest version of the Revolut app.
  • Restart device: Restart your device once

Once you complete the steps, to reset your forgotten Revolut app passcode, make sure you’re using your phone number or email associated with your Revolut account. Then follow the steps:

1. Open the app and select ‘Login’
  2. Enter the phone number linked to your account and hit ‘Continue’
  3. Tap ‘Forgot your passcode?’
  4. Take a selfie or upload ID if required
  5. Create a new passcode (avoid consecutive/repeating digits)

You may be asked for a One-Time Passcode via SMS or email. If you can’t receive the SMS OTP, wait for the count to expire and tap ‘Resend code’ for email authentication.

:point_right: If you fail the verification process three times, you’ll be directed to the in-app chat support. Our support agents are always happy to help you. Make sure you aren’t logged in to multiple devices or using a VPN.

If you have already reset your passcode, then please try to log in again after that troubleshooting. Hope this helps. :pray:

Welcome to our community @Sotia @jacqui1 @koppany @Captaindan. :r:

@Graham_Lees, Thank you for the suggestion. We’ll look into that. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

Im having the same problem, its saying forbidden…what is going on…

1 Like

Hello @Helpme1 :wave:,

Welcome to our community. Sorry to hear that you’re unable to reset your password. Kindly check the steps I have mentioned above your question so that your issue can be resolved. :pray:

SG | Community Team