Unable to top up using Google Pay

Resurrecting this thread in 2021, I just joined a month ago and was having the same issue with Google Pay. I added valid payment methods at pay.google.com and still got the “There are no accepted cards available for use with this merchant” error in the Revolut app.

Apparently, Google recently made some changes to its Pay product, and the Pay app on my Android started asking if I wanted to use the new app. I finally caved and clicked through to the new app, and none of my original payment methods from pay.google.com showed up.

I added my debit card to the new Google Pay app, and like magic, the payment method showed up as a Google Pay option in Revolut. Test top-up was successful too!

Hope this helps!

TL;DR - Try adding your payment card to the new Google Pay app (even if the card already shows up in your Google account).

1 Like

@thedollar how often can you use Google Pay to top up? I am able to top up only every few days but I can’t pinpoint what’s the actual limitation …

1 Like

This is how I was able to fix:

1. Go to pay.google.com
  2. Select the “Settings” tab
  3. Select the “Payments Profile” which was in my case unselected

Same problem
OnePlus Nord ce2 lite 5g

hello I am having same issues

Revolut support say there is not a problem
And google pay support, say there is not a problem

But clearly there is a problem

Can we get someone from the revolut team to look?
And see their is a problem

Hi All! Firstly I’m sorry for the grammar failures , english is not my mother language!

Secoundly: I had the same problem but today suddenly solved. Therefore google pay functioned well with revolut than the option of the google pay button is missed. A tried to reinstall the app, register again my debit card but nothing solved the issue. Today i simply removed my registred debit cards from revolut account and i updated google pay to google wallett ( that is the new name of google pay ). Also i checked and added all personal info about me to google in the pay section in my google account. After all i opened my revolut and the PAY button is there again and finally work as well. I dont need to confirm the uploads with my card holder just put the app pin and that’s it. Like before. Try it this method, i hope it will help. Good luck to all!!