Unable to top up using Google Pay

Hi. Firstly sorry if this topic has been covered, I was unable to find a similar one.

Secondly, here’s my problem:

I am unable to top up my Revolut account via Google Pay. It says “There are no accepted cards available for use with this merchant”. I’ve been using Google Pay for ages to buy things in the Play Store etc, and I was able to top up my account using my MasterCard (the same one that’s linked to Google Pay). I even have PayPal linked in my Google Pay.

The reason I’d like to fix this is because topping up with MasterCard each time is a bit of a pain in the butt, as I need to verify every transaction with my card reader, which isn’t ideal when I don’t have it with me.

Kind Regards,

nerph

10 Likes

I have simillar issue - however with some differences.

I can select GPay as top-up method. After that pop-up jumps out with card selection and proceed button.
After that circle starts to round. Than after a while it disappears (like operation would be finished).
But account is not topped-up and there is no operation logged in Google Pay.

My identity is not yet verified - may it be a reason why GPay is not working? If yes than could be helpful to have such requirement mentioned in help.

1 Like

Does it work for you now? I was able first time to top-up from Google Pay, and when I have tried second time I get same “There are no accepted cards available for use with this merchant”.

TNX

i_k

1 Like

Same problem here. I have 2 valid credit cards in Google Play that I use every month at least, but Revolut Android app won’t let me use them

I unfortunately never got Google Pay to work. I have a valid credit card attached to it but Revolut doesn’t seem to like that credit card :frowning: Therefore I pretty much had to abandon Revolut.

Hi.

I’m using revolut since 3 months using Google Pay to top up, together with my mastercard.

Since 3 days I can’t usit anymore (the mastercard works fine, I use it everyday). The revolut app, when I click top up and opens the Google pay overview, on the mastercard it says “Not Accepted Here”.

What’s going on?
Any help in here, please?

I’ve used Google Pay top-up before, however it has also ceased working for me.

I have the same issue. I had two cards one master card credit and one visa debit. I topped up few times at the beginning of January and don’t have any problems but since few days I can’t do it at all only get “There are no accepted cards available for use with this merchant”.

2 Likes

Any update on this one?
I cannot topup with Google Pay… would be easy.

I too have had to abandon Revolut, since the Google Pay top up stopped working. I’ve had a support case going with both Revolut and Google and I haven’t heard from either since my last email.

Only other ways I can top up are either directly with my creditcard (which I won’t do) or bank transfer with IBAN number - here there are two major issues: One is that it takes 1-3 days for the money to arrive on the Revolut account for me to use - the other (!!) is that it costs 4½ GBP for every transfer!

That pretty much stops any advantage I have with this card, it’s too expensive to top up - I could transfer a larger sum to the account to offset the cost of the transfer, but that’s just it: I don’t wan’t the majority of my money to sit on a fintech company’s account - I only transfer money when I want to use Google Pay in stores. If that can’t work I have no longer any use for the card/account.

2 Likes

It’s April 20 and I am still having issue with Gpay…

1 Like

Also I already tried to top up N26 and it’s working and I contacted both my bank and google about this problem and they both checked and told me that it’s not an issues of them (and I know it’s true because google pay top up only fail on revolut and with multiple cards from multiple banks).

Not working for me in the last 3 days.
I already contacted revolut support about this problem with no luck.
I really like this feature because I don’t need to remember the CVV of the card to top up. I already have another account that I can top up with a card for free so I don’t really need revolut if it cannot provide google pay top up.
Please fix this ASAP.

Same here, it worked perfectly the first time and then nothing… every time I get the error GOOGLE_PAY top-up denied.

Needless to say that the customer support has no idea about why this is happening… really disappointed by Revolut so far.

I also can not topup Revolut using Google pay. Have the same error Google_Pay top-up denied.

I am a new Revolut user but topup workid fine the first time I used Google pay. Now I have tryed several times the last 7 or 10 days without managing getting any topup to my Revolut card.

Also someone told me that they thay while they get the same error from Google pay they money is transered to their Revolut card.

I am from Finland.

Similar story for me, though I am in Ireland. My first GPay transaction worked flawlessly, but after that, everything else is declined.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Having the same issue. Did anyone get a reply or resolved the issue?

Me and my girlfriend have the same problem. My last top-up on 02.12.2020 still worked with the method, but yesterday no longer. I contacted Revolut support and they said that it is due to Google. I wrote to Google support and they said that it is known that Revolut blames Google. But it has nothing to do with GPay that the merchant (Revolut) rejects the card.

The error is 100% on the side of Revolut.

1 Like

I have problem with top up my Revolut account with Visa or MasterCard, the only way is sending money with bank transfer with IBAN number. it is a shame that revolut cannot / does not want to solve the problem for 2 years