Travelling to Iceland

Hello :smile:
I’m travelling to Iceland later and can see that the local currency (ISK) is supported. But in terms of loading money on to my card, do I just load it as GBP and then use it or do I have to transfer it to ISK on my card somehow? Thanks in advance…

You TopUp you card in you base currency. Then you have 2 possibilities for using ISK.

1. Just use the card as normal (but remember to be billed in local currency when at Iceland). Then Revolut will automatically do the exchange on the fly with their interbank rate (0.5% fee on weekends).
  2. Before going, enable your ISK account and exchange manually. Then you revolut card will use the ISK balance, before going back to doing what option 1 does.

Hopefully that helped, this is also explained in the FAQ.

I really suggest to read the FAQs fully.

Besides answers to your questions, you get plenty of informations about the product, the options and the limitations. And how to avoid fees abroad at shops and ATMs. And what to do when you lose your card or phone.

1 Like

But I can’t see ISK as possible currency there
what to do then ?
(I’m going to Iceland on June so have some time…)

I am also having the same issue, I can;t see ISK as an option to exchange to

You can’t yet exchange or receive ISK within the app, but you can load card in GBP & EUR or any other bace currency, & spend there with the interbank exchange rate :ok_hand:t2:

Hi, any update in ISK being available in the app?