Travel Insurance For Metal Plan

@SG.Mandal Thank you very much! I have a question regarding the travel insurance for metal plan holders. There isn’t any topic already in the community about it, so it would be great if you could create a new topic for me:) This is the question: Travel insurance - The insurance covers delays, e.g. delayed flight departures of at least 4 hours. There isn’t anything specific in the insurance wording about missed connections, be them train or flight connections. Does the 4 hours rule apply there as well, so that the time between connection is less that 4 hours the insurance does not cover the missed connection? Thank you

1 Like

Your journey you planned accommodates time for connecting flights.

If you mean the initial flight is on time, but the delay is on the connection, if you arrive more than 4 hours scheduled to your destination due to issues through the entire journey, it should be covered.

I have always been on the underfunding it’s end to end, not what happens in between, so if you arrive 4 hours late due to no fault of your own, then you can claim.

Someone may clarify a bit more detail though.

1 Like

What I mean is: image I have planned a flight from A to B, a 3 hours wait in airport B and then a flight from B to C. If the flight from A to B is delayed by 3 hours and because of that I loose the flight from B to C, I will need to buy new tickets from B to C. Does the travel insurance cover this case? Thank you.

This didn’t happened to me, but it happened to a friend of mine which didn’t have any travel insurance, so it made me wonder if I am covered in this case.

1 Like

This would result in being 4+ hours delayed therefore possibly eligible.

If you booked them as single flights, not all in one journey, ie a to b, then b to c in different transactions, instead of A to C, they aren’t likely to be eligible for the first delay because it was less than 4 hours on the journey you paid for.

B to C flight wasn’t impacted by A to B on the journey you booked, thus processed separately in terms of claim; you’d just be late for B to C.

Always have insurance, and it’s worth messaging revolut directly and ask them if missing a connecting flight is included due to delays on the first flight (if booked as one whole journey).

1 Like

Hi Motionless00,
The travel insurance provided by Revolut doesn’t cover anything because the insurance provider, XCover, will not resolve your claims. They ignore you for months and then they close the claim. You can find plenty of information in Reddit and in a facebook group called “INSURANCE COMPLAINTS, EXPERIENCE for xcover.com”.
The best thing you can do if you want to be insured is to buy yourself a proper travel insurance. And while you are at it, downgrade your Revolut subscription to Standard. I had Premium but now I’m downgrading because neither Revolut nor XCover will help me with my claims. They falsely advertise a great travel insurance but in reality, you are not ensured at all.

1 Like

Welcome to our community @Yasin :wave:. I am really sorry that you experienced this regarding travel insurance. :frowning_face:

I would like to inform you that, you can raise a complaint about an insurer. Please check this FAQ link for the details. :arrow_backward:

Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hello SG. Mandal,

The form to complaint about Cover Genius in the FAQs website is the exact same form in XCover website that I submitted several times and never got a reply from them. It is not useful at all because they never reply to those complaint forms.

Try it yourself and you’ll see.

1 Like