Top-up via Bank transfer RON | Business account

Hi @catean!

What do you mean you use the TW account to top up Revolut? If I understood well, the TW borderless account has the same ‘problem’ as the Revolut account aka the IBAN is issued in EUR so all the transfers in RON are regarded as international, thus we will be charged extra fees by the sending bank and the receiving bank (outside the euro zone) when they notice the foreign IBAN.

Hi everybody,

Does anybody have experience in receiving RON and changing it to HUF with Revolut?
We are a Hungarian e-commerce company and we want to sell in Romania without opening a bank account there.
We are considering Revolut for the exchange problem, but because the two currencies are outside the eurozone, thus regarded as international payment, I am not sure that Revolut business account will be the best solution for us.

Anybody has any idea?

i use the following procedure ing company account transfer to ing personal account. topup personal revolut acount , and finaly transfer to revolut bussines account .
In december revolut has frozen personal account for found source control. After two week the unlock my account but i was warned that this procedure is not accepted by Revolut . In Romania is legal to transfer from owner of company to personal account and from personal to company account .It wiil be nice that revolut support team has people than know the law from Romania . it was very hard to explain the tax statment is 3% of incoming not the incoming total .Loking forwar for solution for no country that don’t use Euro as national currency

Any news on this?
Thanks

Hi,

Good afternoon, I would like to ask how can get waive of charge on transferring money to Revolut debit card from HK , thanks for your reply! ^^

The same problem in Bulgaria …

still awkward. As you can see, 2 account of revolut. Maria is from RO and have different IBAN, and ive made it from UK and have same IBAN from bouth. why cant be same in same countrys as long as you work in ro with ING

Revolut does offer local IBANs in various regions for customers registered there, which is especially interesting in regions that have national currencies other than the EUR. And IBANs vary depending on the legal entity with which you’re registered. Some IBANs are multi currency, some aren’t. And in rare instances, they’re pooled accounts. Revolut also offers local IBANs in some EUR regions like France.

From your screenshots, it seems that Revolut provides Maria, a local resident of Romania, a local RON IBAN, which probably makes it easier for her to receive her salary in RON, for example (local transfer). International payments might be still sent directly to the Lithuanian bank, and not through a Romanian branch (SWIFT transfer).

Just make sure to always use the details the app shows you, and double check if there’s a difference for “local” and “international”.