Top up via bank prepaid cards.

Some days ago my wife, tried to top up her Revolut card. Revolut refuse this transaction but in my bank accept is.

However in my bank although this transaction was accepted at first, after some second, the account balance back with money I tried to top up, an on Revolut app appear a “refused” message.

Are Revolut refusing prepaid cards to top up them?

1 Like

Not if it’s a shop bought prepaid card, generally result in an account freeze because the funds aren’t traceable.

1 Like

Here’s the curious thing, the prepaid card is an our bank card. We used them for Internet shopping with no issues.

1 Like

Bank surely issues debit cards?

Unless you’re referring to a company which is not a bank, (such as wise, monese etc).

1 Like

Banks also offer prepaid cards. Here, the largest provider of current accounts offers everything. Credit, debit and prepaid.

2 Likes

Thank you for highlighting this incident here @valtf . To know the proper reason, I would request you to kindly contact us by in-app chat as they will be able to check the backend information and can guide you in a proper way. :pray:

SG | Community Team

I’m sorry for delay. After talk with Revolut support team They confirm that the problem come from my bank. They say that the problem isn’t from they sytem. Its clear that the card have any restriction, but the bank don’t know what it is.

My wife solve the issue looping up from another card (on same bank), but not prepaid.

Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thank you for letting us know about it @valtf. Keep exploring our community. :hugs:

SG | Community Team