The Ultimate Free ATM List - Travelling (by country)

TD Canada Trust (Canada) charges 3$CAD in withdrawal fee.

HSBC now asks for 2.5ā‚¬ per transaction (tested on Jan '20)

How did you get on?

We fly out there next week for 5 weeksā€¦ Any tips?

We use Multibanco all the time with our Revolut Visa and MC, no fees at all anywhere in the country so far.

1 Like

Dear friends,

After a while, the list is updated again. I hope you appreciate the effort and excuse the delay!

Happy travels!

9 Likes

I am currently in Morocco and can confirm that BMCI machines give me free withdrawals. I have MC.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
I just so that tweet from Chad: https://twitter.com/ChadWestTweets/status/1212665721588764673?s=19

So a certain part of that idea will come to the app.

1 Like

Wow, thatā€˜s great idea. Iā€˜m lookinā€˜ forward and hope it will be added soonā€¦

Using this guide for my trip in the Balkans next month. Iā€™ll send updates if I notice any changes. In the meantime I just hope the ATM map are added to :r:. Thank you!

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to use this for my trip next week in Georgia, but I think that itā€™s just a dream.
Iā€™ve no idea what ATM is better to avoid and if there still any fee free one.

Hereā€™s also nothing about Georgia :frowning:

1 Like

Someone always needs to make the first experience at any of those countries. :slight_smile:
Just be aware of common issues like DCC and state if you use MC or Visa. :ok_hand:t3:

I will do next week :smiley:
Just for now when I donā€™t know, Iā€™ll spend a lot of time to try more ATMs and hope that all of them inform me about fees before I withdraw cash
Of course, I always avoid DCC scams, if itā€™s possible.

1 Like

From my experience in e.g. Croatia they state it ā€“ maybe because of the regulations. However, I learned that sometimes there is no alternative around. :sob:

Georgia is interesting and obviously not to busy with :r: tourists. :ok_hand:t3: Have fun.

I think those regulations are maybe just in EU, so Iā€™ll seeā€¦

Thatā€™s right, and it goes worse and worseā€¦ :cry:

1 Like

ATM in USA: In New Mexico (Santa Fe) Wells Fargo used to be free, last time I tried there fee was $5.00. The Del Norte Credit Union charges $3.00

Mexico:
Reportedly Santander doesnā€™t charge any fees anymore (Mastercard).

3 Likes

This is a monster thread, fair play!

@wwweasel, if(!) then youā€™ll find it here.
Spoiler: Youā€™ll start the Mauritius entries.

Last week from Liberty Bank ATM in Gudauri, Georgia (Sakartvelo) :georgia:, Withdrawed 200 GEL for FREE with MC. :brown_heart:
ā€¦just TBC bank ATM ordered me withdrawing with 2 GEL fee

1 Like

TAIWAN experiences in February 2020
Free withdrawals with Revolut MasterCard from these ATMs:
Sunny Bank
Cathay United Bank
Mega International Commercial Bank