Subscription payment

Hello,

I recently realised that after paying a utility bill with my card, the provider created a subscription payment and I neither did not need to approve that, nor got a notification about the new subscription payment created on my account.

After talking on the chat with some advisors I got this answer:
“The kind of charge a merchant requests is always in control of the merchant, we wish we could influence the type of charge a merchant requests, however we can not.”

So it means that anytime I use my card for a payment, the merchant can unilaterally set up a recurring payment and I will not know about it. Why there is no security measure to prevent that?

@vcarter Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

I am sorry to hear about this. :frowning_face: To block this subscription please follow the below steps :

• Account > Security & Privacy > Blocked merchants > Add new
  • There will be warnings before blocking a merchant
  • Blocked merchants can be found and unblocked from Account > Security & Privacy > Blocked
    merchants

Please note that a maximum of 5 blockages in total and 3 in the last 30 days are allowed. After a declined transaction, you no longer need to wait 30 days to unblock the merchant. The 30 days cool off period has been removed.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team