Spending analytics improvements

Hi Revolut team,

I’ve started to use analytics a lot since you’ve introduced the ability to exclude a portion of a transaction - ie if a dinner bill for 5 people cost €100 and you pay - the other 4 send you €20 each (not split bill) you can adjust that €100 to €20 to reflect that you personally only spent €20.
Some suggested improvements. I’d love you get everyone’s feedback on

• the introduction of income tab is great, however I think income from split bill transactions should be excluded as a default ie in the above transaction if I split the bill and 4 people send €20, this €80 is not income, it’s just going through my account to pay for everyone else’s meal. If it’s included as income, it will display as expenditure of €20 and income of €80 which is not the case. From my perspective I’ve just spent €20 - I haven’t had income of €80. This suggestion is just for split bill transactions- I realise that this would be hard to implement if others sent the funds outside this feature.

-I think it would be a good idea to be able to classify a portion of a transaction to different categories - ie if I spend €100 at the supermarket, €50 might be for groceries and the other €50 is presents. I just really like to know where my money is going!

• I think it’d be good to be able to either include or exclude lodgements and withdrawals to group vaults as spending or income. Eg my housemates and I have a group vault for bills and other expenses. We put min €50 a month into it when we are paid and whenever a bill comes out or we buy something for the house, we take the money from the vault. When I add that €50, to me it’s spent and I’d like to classify it as such. When an electricity bill etc comes out, I exclude that as spending as it’s already covered in that €50.
    I also have other group vaults that I’d rather not have classified as spending when I add to them

• Building on the above it’d be helpful to have the option to include or exclude pockets and vaults in the Total Assets tab. Eg in the above example with the group vault for utilities, if there is €200 in that, it’s not mine it’s the belonged to the house and my ability to withdraw from it is just to facilitate the easy payment of bills. There are other group vaults that I’d rather include in this figure

• it could be a good idea to be able to assign a direct debit to a group vault. Eg in the above example the funds would come directly out of a house group vault and not classified as my expenditure. Even though I can exclude this direct debit as spending as I’ve already paid for it in the €50 I’ve added to the vault. It could be helpful to have this.

I definitely have more but I’ll leave it there for now.

I’d love to hear your thoughts.

2 Likes

Hello @B.Seoighe :wave:,

Welcome to our community. Thank you so much for giving us the brief insight. I will pass it to our relevant team. Stay tuned. :rocket:

SG | Community Team

1 Like