Selfie doesn't work

Hi,
At Revolut’s request, I changed my access code to a 6-digit code. I forgot the access code, contacted Revolut support and was told I had to take a selfie with my phone. The problem is that the selfie doesn’t work. I stay for long minutes with my face well positioned on the oval, but nothing happens. Even if I click on the button at the bottom of the oval, nothing happens. I’ve followed all the instructions (no glasses, light, nothing behind me) but it seems that the selfie function isn’t working. I’m not offered any other alternative to unblock this situation, which has been going on for several days. Please help me

3 Likes

@aldav Hello, Welcome to the community. :blush:

Please follow the below steps and try again :

1. Find good lighting, remove anything covering your face (e.g. glasses, or a hat) and ensure you are the only person in the image;
  2. Approve access to your camera;
  3. Move your face into the oval in the middle of the screen → the oval will turn green;
  4. Press the image capture button to take an image (in some cases the photo will be taken automatically);
  5. Confirm that the selfie image is clear. Press confirm and continue the sign-up process.

Please let me know if the issue still persists after this. :pray:

Veda | Community team

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for your swift response. As i wrote in my message, i followed all the steps but no photo of me is taken. Frankly, it’s annoying. I’ve been trying for days, but the selfie won’t take a picture.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @aldav :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue. Could we just try one last thing? Could you move your face into the oval in the middle of the screen and make sure that the oval shape turns green? Sometimes it can take longer or the camera to capture your face.

Let us know!

Hi Mariana,
the only thing I sometimes get is a blue outline of the oval when I bring my face too close, but otherwise nothing happens. I end up with a sore arm from keeping my phone suspended to take the selfie. How long do I have to keep my face still in front of the phone?

2 Likes

@aldav sorry to hear that you’re still facing the same issue. If you can’t log in, click here and then click ‘Contact us’.

Hope this helps!

I’m not happy with the login either, and it would be good because the bank card arrived yesterday and I can’t continue with the selfie either, but my partner also has the same error that we both can’t continue. we are already thinking about canceling the account because it is useless. Today I held the phone for an hour and a half and it didn’t take any pictures. I downloaded the app 2x with no result, the error is the same

3 Likes

@Laszlo1979 Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

I understand your frustration and apologize for the difficulties you’re encountering with the verification process and login. If you are still facing issues logging in, click here and then click ‘Contact us’.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Hi,
As you can see, there is no “contact us” button in the page of the redirection

Uploading: Single-Sign-On-Revolut.png…

1 Like

@aldav To contact us via in app chat go to your ‘Profile’ (top-left icon with your initials or picture) > tap ‘Help’ > 'Get more help and contact us’ > follow the prompts to select a topic until you see ‘Help with something else’ > ‘Chat with us’

Veda | Community team

1 Like

I’m not even sure which one I gave to the sons in my email. I’m struggling and thinking about saying it back. because without sons they are useless

László Klézli <prezur2010@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2024. febr. 29., Cs, 13:30):

3 posts were split to a new topic: Stuck at Login

I have the same problem. It is extremely hard to get a blue line to light up, if it does, it then doesn’t take the correct part of my face despite not moving at all. I have tried at least 20 times over the past 3 days. I eventually submitted some photo of my face and was asked to upload other ID which I did. AND then…I was told that ‘there was a problem’ but no reason given.
The photo app system is simply NOT working properly. I followed all the advice, have reinstalled the latest version of Revolut, I have updated my drivers on my phone, I have checked that my camera has access.
AND to add insult to injury, there appears to be no mechanism for support because I cannot get into the app. Your systems are not working properly, I am sure that this isn’t user error.
Please let me know what I can do next and how you can resolve this problem.
Many thanks

2 Likes

@ElleJBee Hello, Welcome to the community. :star_struck:

Kindly contact us through the social media platforms so that we can help you further. You can reach us on:

Our support team will definitely help you with this. :pray:

Veda | Community team

Hello,
I’m having the same issue. I"ve been through all the steps mentioned above and the selfie mode doesn’t work, either on my phone or on my daughter’s, which is more recent.
Isn’t there a way to reset the password using the internet site, an email, a text message, or whatever other apps propose?
I have absolutely no way of accessing the app, therefore my money, or of using my brand new bank card.
Thanks for your help

2 Likes

@LaBreez Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

Could you please try the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned here?

You can also reset passcode by following this method :

1. Open the app and select ‘Login
  2. Enter the phone number linked to your account and hit ‘Continue
  3. Tap ‘Forgot your passcode?
  4. Take a selfie or upload ID if required
  5. Create a new passcode

You may be asked for a One-Time Passcode via SMS or email. If you can’t receive the SMS OTP, wait for the count to expire and tap ‘Resend code’ for email authentication.

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried all this. I would need a temporary pin to be able to access my account . This should be possible by email or text, surely?

2 Likes

From a regulatory perspective, one time passwords, or PINs, can only be sent to verified recipients. The ID verification is necessary as a first step to establish that the person who has access to a specific phone number is the account holder. That’s why Revolut needs to verify the identity through other means when users lose access to the phone number they used to set-up an account with, install the app on a new device and/or ask to reset the app PIN.

1 Like

Thanks Frank, this is useful knowledge.

The support team has sent a mail with 2 invalid methods, one through the app i can’t access and one using a support button in the top right hand corner which doesn’t appear.
Verification by getting a mail with a link sends me to yhe same pin/ selfie issue.
Anyone got with this problem too?