Secondary tax residency id request

Hi,
Lst 5 years I have lived in France so I have france tax residency and provided Revolut this id
But Revolut app keep asking secondary tax id of the country I did not live last 10 years
Even deleting this country does not help - it keeps comming back. Why?
How to fix it?

2 Likes

@raulkivi welcome to the forum
I have lived in France for all the time I have had a :r: account and before that (~16 years ago) I lived in the UK but have never been asked for a secondary tax residency ID, it just seems bizarre.
For context, I have a UK passport but a French Carte de Sejour to confirm my legal residency and a French TIN.
Why is it that you think that :r: believes you have secondary tax residency? Was it perhaps because you originally lived in another jurisdiction when you obtained your account and you still use the phone number from that country of residence and did you declare yourself as tax resident there in the first place?

2 Likes

No, I opened Revolut account recently i.e. when they opened French branch and started supporting French accounts. btw 10 years ago there wasn’t Revolut available.

1 Like

Sorted, there is an issue in the App, when you delete the secondary request with the Pen option, then it keeps coming back… Instead click on the Country it is requesting to add a tax ID nbr, then select the option ‘cannot provide now’, then the reason , ‘I pay taxes in another country’, then it works! And then the secondary request is gone and you get an email confirmation that all is correctly updated.

1 Like

@Nick123 Thank you for letting us know. This will benefit the other users as well. :sunflower:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Wonderful @Nick123, cheers! stuck with this for 3 months with no reply whatsoever from Revolut customer support.

3 Likes

@Floris Hello, Welcome to the community. :heart_eyes:

I completely understand your frustration, 3 months is a long wait. :frowning_face: Did you try the workaround mentioned here? :eyes:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Yes I did, process complete, and I haven’t received any further warnings, so I guess it’s solved.

2 Likes

@Floris Glad to hear your issue seems to be resolved! :sunflower:

Veda | Community team

1 Like