Revolut Perks

#soon

:sweat_smile::blush:

2 Likes

Soon, stay tuned! :slight_smile:

Hi, fellow revolutians,

I have been a perk beta tester since some time now and I have some feedback and ideas to improve the feature. Hope someone from the Revolut team can see this and consider it.

The feature works fine and is nice to track the progress till the next perk. It surely got me to use the card more.

The problem is with the reward system. Every 10 transaction you get a perk which is a discount for a certain transaction type done in the next 24/48 hours. Problem is I only got discounts at Zara or Starbucks. I don’t use this usually and to get out of my way to get advantage of the perk is not something many will do. I don’t think this works. It didn’t feel like a perk to me, more like extra work and money I have to spend.

What I propose is: instead of a discount to a specific purchase done in the next x hours, select randomly one of the last 10 transactions and apply a small percentage cashback to it. In that way, the user gets instant gratification and will be motivated to use the card more.
You can set max cashback limits and I would still be ok with it.

5 Likes

First of all, thank you for the in-depth review and insight into this feature.
Secondly though , I hope you realise that the purpose of any feature is to encourage you to spend more.
I don’t perks will ever only offer discounts and other of offers.
Cashback is a feature for metal and I don’t it’s reasonable to expect it here, although it would be very nice :sunglasses:

If you think about it, cashback makes more sense for the standard account, as there are way more users than the metal. Having more users will give Revolut the leverage to negotiate better cashback with the merchants.
I don’t see the cashback as being a premium feature, some UK current account offers it for utility bills and there are cashback websites, that are free to join, that make money by directing a lot of users to the merchants and share that money by splitting it with the users through cashback. If Revolut manages to do this with perks it will disrupt the market.
Besides, I envisage Perks giving cashback for one transaction out of 10, not for every transaction, like the metal does.

1 Like

10 months later. @anon33247966 what’s the ETA?

2 Likes

Hi I used my revolut card to purchase a perk and havent got the discount off the product as advertised. Any reason for this or do I have to wait for the money to go back in my account?