Revolut on Chromebooks

I know Android Apps on Chromebooks is still relatively new, but Revolut is the only App right now that im missing on my Acer R13.
Any chance we will see it soon or at all? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Chuuie,

Thanks for sharing! We will have a look.

I also find this a bit frustrating and perplexing…

The Android App should just work on Chromebooks I’d’ve thought - but Play Store says “Your device isn’t compatible with this version”.

Asus FLIP C100 FWIW - one of the first Chromebooks to get Android App support.

Hi there. This is not an issue with the app. It means that your device doesn’t support the latest version of the play store. You need to downgrade to a older version.

Check this out:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but no, it absolutely IS an issue with the App. To be exact:

The APK’s AndroidManifest.xml includes:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_SMS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_SMS" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" />

… which implies a REQUIREMENT for android.hardware.telephony, which isn’t available on a ChromeBook, which means Play Store will (correctly) state that the App isn’t compatible.

See: https://developer.android.com/topic/arc/manifest.html under “Table 1. Device permissions that imply hardware features which are incompatible with Chromebooks.”

2 Likes

You can also check solution here, if not solved.

I do not see how any of these can possibly work.

It’s not feasible to root (as far as I know) the Android environment on a ChromeOS device.

All the other suggested solutions are based on Play Store issues, which this is not.

I wait to read someone saying they have the Revolut App working on a Chromebook. It seems clear that Revolut need to tweak the APK manifest to make this possible.

For someone prepared to run their Chromebook in Dev mode [NOT dev Channel], it might be possible to sideload the APK. But that’s an inherently unsecure environment and would probably be very foolish.

Hi,
I managed to install Revolut on an Asus C301 Chromebook some time ago, I come back to you to give you the solution, however it seems to me that I did not have the updated version

Rom

I can’t duplicate it.
Trouble-free installation with APK but the application crashes.
It’s about time the developers at Revolut did something about it.
Like a web interface

If I change the country of my Google Play Store, will I lose access to the Revolut app?
My phone is a Google Pixel 4a (Android)