Revolut CREDIT CARD

These that we are sure about what they are from RevP - yeas, they are MasterCards. But I’ve received a new Premium Visa card with new BIN - different than previous ones. Maybe it is the first step to issue RevP Visa cards by :r: .

That would be generally cool - for no real reason i like Visa more than mastercard :slight_smile:

My RevP is still not compatible but saw a message today that they are intending to support it before it is going live to public. Anyhow this is Offtopic here.

Generally i would also love to see Revolut using their banking license and issuing real Credit cards.

Thanks,
Gernot

Definitely! If travelers are a target for Revolut, a credit card is a must

3 Likes

I hope this credit card isn’t another separate card, but that one card can control access to both current account and credit card.

Smart rules would be cool:

• if a user has X amount of money left, apply purchases to credit card
  • if purchase is over X amount, apply purchases to credit card
  • the ability to set certain merchants to always use credit card
  • toggle card in app

This would mean users could still benefit from virtual cards, metal, etc

2 Likes

As cool as this sounds I see this as a can of worms where someone accidentally puts themselves in debt and a definite liability for Revolut for mixing credit and debit

I would avoid it and make them two separate cards

(FWIW they would have to be for mastercard to recognize them properly anyways due to the numbers on the card being directly related to what type of card it is)

1 Like

So… what’s up about Credit cards ? :roll_eyes:

UP !

Still no news about Credit Card ?

I really doubt Revolut will introduce credit card from its current status (not bank).

Yes, quite some new features are linked to Revolut finally using the bank licence - which is to expected by the middle of the year…if all goes well.

1 Like

how do you know about it ? did they announce a timeline ?

In their blog post back then but I guess we should calculate with another half year on top of that due to the political stuff shortly after being granted the licence.

We’ll start by testing the new licence in Lithuania next year and once we’re happy that everything is running smoothly, we’ll look to expand into other European markets later in the year.

We’ll aim to implement the banking licence as transparently as possible, so that you can track our progress and find the answers to your questions. For now, we would just like to thank each and every person who has backed us in our journey. Make no mistake, the next 18 months will be game-changing!

https://blog.revolut.com/we-got-a-banking-licence/

1 Like

Hello! I have set up a limit to my virtual revolut card, it seems active, but it is not accepted anywhere online! Did I miss any additional activation step? Did any of you have issues paying with your virtual card online? I tried four times and I am desperate :frowning:

I never have faced any issues with virtual Cards. Normally when I hit the limit Revolut notifies me that the payment was not successfully as the monthly limit has been reached. Do you get any information from the Revolut App? Maybe the merchant itself is blocking the cards as well… :thinking:

Thank you, Rumpli.
Well, no, there was no information from Revolut app and for sure it was simply not accepted by the merchants. This makes me thinking - where can I use this card at all? :roll_eyes:

I use them all the time almost everywhere.

1 Like

Where did you try it already? Some merchants might block virtual cards - or Revolut itself (not sure, but I think Netflix did…).
I did not found yet any merchant who has refused my Card. But I don’t use it everywhere :slight_smile:

I only need Revolut to pay Russian vendors in rubles - mostly online. So far I tried 6 sites (services) and all of them rejected my virtual card :frowning:

they will lunch credit card soon, they are recruiting a Product Manager - Credit Cards, so it’s in the pipe

1 Like

It’s going to be interesting. How will their credit card product look like? A classical approach like Tandem? Or something else with different options for consumer financing like Klarna?

I’m hopin it’s a classic approach paired with cashback tbh