Revolut CREDIT CARD

Sometimes
You can get a free prepaid card from a friend invite
Or simply just sometimes revolut give free card in the app to new customer

Usually just waiting for some time (about 2 weeks) after registering will trigger that.

On my card
There a sticker, Prepaid
Not debit

You can get a debit card then add the curve card on top

Just for the record: All Revolut cards are Prepaid right now. No debit and no credit.

4 Likes

Curve recognize my RevP card as a Mastercard Debit :face_with_monocle:

Still itā€™s just a Prepaid. Binlist also recognizes it as a Prepaid.

1 Like

Itā€™s a prepaid debit card

Thereā€™s no ā€œprepaidā€ type on the MasterCard or visa specs

Itā€™s debit and prepaid or debit, not just ā€œprepaidā€

The distinction is important :pensive:

Well now that changes everything! :rofl::crazy_face:

Please explain us the difference between ā€œPrepaidā€ and ā€œPrepaid Debitā€.

Today Iā€™ve received new Visa - Debit card (I cannot see any prepaid info, bin checker said that it is debit also) - Mastercard vs Visa

Thereā€™s a small printing on the card saying Prepaid. Itā€™s very hard to notice.

It is underneath ā€œDebitā€, like in the background? Something small I can see on it but I cannot read it

Does it say Debit somewhere? That would be something new.

Edit: I can clearly see Prepaid unter the Debit print on the Pictures you provided in the other thread. Thanks for sharing.

Iā€™ve zoomed and it looks like ā€œPREPAIDā€ butā€¦ looks like someone wanted to delete it and over paint Debit in the same placeā€¦ Strange. I will try to use it in ATM or grocery, some times they are printing info about Debit/Prepaid on confirmation of a transaction.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen the word Prepaid on the receipt so far. Just Credit or Debit. Be aware that these terminals sometime show wrong information when it is wrongly configured.

Sure, thanks for the hint. Iā€™m almost sure that Euronet ATM was displaying ā€œVisa Prepaidā€ for my previous :r: Visa card. I will let you know this afternoon. Iā€™m curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prepaid doesnā€™t exist - it is a prepaid debit card. Iā€™ve explained this in other threads

I understand that only prepaid debit exists not prepaid, but I believe that the new one, premium Visa is something new, maybe it is only the new BIN because :r: started to issue RevP Visa cards? I donā€™t know, but please look at photos attached by me and tell me what you thing about this- Mastercard vs Visa - #162 by kylo32

Well
Why does revolut call them debit card?
Then you say it a prepaid debit

Thatā€™s indeed interesting - can you tell me a little on how the bookings look like when you are funneling your payments through curve to revolut? Do you still see the names or is it getting somehow stripped and unindentifyable ?

@kylo32 - the new RevP cards are not Visa, they are Mastercards :slight_smile: