Revolut App on LineageOS/AOSP?

Hi SamyG
Unfortunatly, my experiments on the old phone was useless, as there was a “SafetyNet-Simulaion” included…

BUT @Recchan had success on a Huawei-Phone, using F-Droid-Store, the Aurora-App and installing Revolut via Aurora (which access the Google Play-Store)

Maybe this can be used as workaround?

Just to clarify, Tap & Pay doesn’t work. It doesn’t actually work with AmEx (who has built they own NFC solution) either, which sucks.

I will make a topic about using a Huawei in general at some point to give some pointers to people that want to get away from the large US tech companies

1 Like

Also having issues with Revolut on a custom ROM. Play store says it’s not available for my device. Aurora store successfully installed the app but it’s buggy, can’t get it to authenticate (I’m getting confirmation email, but app then asks to enter phone number again).

Device: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, Android 10, ExtendedUI ROM, with Magisk. However, the issue was there even before magisk/rooting, just after installing custom ROM.
It’s weird because previously I used revolut on another phone with custom ROM, magisk, Android 7 and had no issues. Though, right now it’s incompatible with this device as well.

Interested in your future guide :wink:

If you can PM me or post here when you’ll have achieved it

1 Like

Finally managed to get it working. Authentication was super buggy (it took 6 authentication emails + 9 messages), but now it seems to be working okay. Reinstalled app (through Aurora store), restarted phone a few times, countless authentication retries and somehow it just worked. No fingerprint unlocking though.

Using it on Android 10, custom ROM, magisk.

Is there any way to get Google Pay to work?

Personally, I read too much about Revolut. This company scares me and don’t deserve to get my trust.

If you still consider to open an account after all the bugs you’re facing folks, read this post:

And you trust that to put money into?

If I were you and were facing buggy authentication -> remove app

Actually I can’t even install the app from any trusted source so… [Revolut on new Huawei Devices]

Company with 10m customers will always have some with problems