[RESOLVED] Top-up increase : verification process >96h

First of I am not complaning : I think Revolut services and support are great, sure the delay are high following new customers and I can’t imagine people with locked account during vacacions, or with some money in it :frowning:

But people tend to forger that banking/finance business has the most important set of laws, rules, regulation … in the world and they have to proove ( to both Autorities and Lyods, I think ) that they did everything or they could lost everything, in case of money laudering.

I think the best solution before doing “strange” operation is to contact Revolut support.

Anyway, that said, am I the only one to wait more than 96h for a top-up increase verification ?

To that end, it would be useful if Revolut give us a list of actions that they might consider strange. But they will not, I suspect, because they will say that they cannot reveal the rules that ensure security and compliance.
Given that, if Revolut cannot reveal this, there is no way for cardholders to know what might be “strange”.

I agree and it’s a shame that banks ( not only Revolut ) are not legally allowed to provide at least basic criterias for AML or Security checks.

I think one good practice is to warn Revolut when you plan to do big transferts or pay from a new location.

Warn them in what way?

From the application support chat.

Still no news from Premium Support :frowning_face:

1 Like

That would be really fucked up.

What do you mean about that?

This service is so bad that you offer to warn them before doing something.

Well, it’s the same thing with classic bank so… I don’t see your point here.

How is it the same? My bank never blocked me for paying for groceries or sending few hundreds of euros to my other bank account.

One timed I tried to send 20 000 with my nordea account and I got a text message saying it’s too much suggesting I can call them if I still want to send that money. I called they verified that it’s me and approved it.

No accounts were blocked and it took at most 5 minutes to get in touch with their support and get it approved.

For what they call “beyond banking” Revolut is a joke.

1 Like

Well, try to open a bank account in another bank then spent 5k euros 2 days later at the other side of the world…good luck with that !

Of course, after a few weeks/months OR after calling your banking advisor to explain what you want, thing will be OK.

Your examples are simply irrelevants !

Bank relationships are based on information and time, from my point of view Revolut is managing locked account as any other bank with the same level of informations and history regarding their client.

BUT the Support could be a little more reactive :slight_smile: they have a lot to do lately, let’s be patient AND proactive !

I have never been blocked by any normal bank in 30+ years until I signed up for this incompetent startup.

So from my point of view as well as many other users it’s a joke.

My time is worth more than slightly better currency exchange rate.

Maybe there was a reason behind your locked acccount…

Paying for chicken breast and some vegetables? The only real reason is lack of experience and incompetence.

This is indeed hard to believe that was the only reason your account was locked.

And yet you still spend time on the forum trying to share your experience and helping us, this is very generous of you.

You are very much welcome.

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat as soon as possible.

Thanks Andreas, I am indeed currently discussing with someone in the in-app chat.

1 Like

Resolved : thanks a lot !

1 Like