Request money with iDeal

It’s been said before but to be clear: support in Tikkie for Revolut is up to Tikkie.

The request is to add support for iDeal payment requests in the Revolut app. Now the payment can be done with (credit) card or Apple Pay. Would be useful to add iDeal payment requests. So: create an iDeal QR code

3 Likes

This feature would also make me switch to Revolut completely.

The people around me are used to making payments with Ideal. And now it’s not easy for my friends to pay me back, they often don’t have credit cards and are not familiar with non-Dutch IBAN accounts. Typically, they can’t even transfer money without turning on foreign payments within their internet banking.

It would make splitting bills a lot easier for me if there was a payment request option with IDEAL. And I wouldn’t need my Dutch bank account anymore.

3 Likes

For me this feature is also the last thing I am really missing.

In The Netherlands after every social gathering people share payment requests. All big banks support it and it’s the main way of paying other people here. People can request a fixed amount or it can be an open request (for example for a shared birthday present) - and everything is handled by iDeal and transferred instantly. When you make a request you get a sharable link and everyone can use that link to pay - it’s not limited to one person.

The fact that Revolut does not support this yet is the only reason I have to keep using my ING account when I need to request money from friends.

5 Likes

In order for Revolut to accept iDEAL payment requests, they should become an iDEAL accredited C2C-provider (“iDEAL geaccrediteerde C2C-aanbieder”), just like Tikkie, the ING app and many more. As other people pointed out, Tikkie is not the solution here, because it only lets you pair with a Dutch IBAN account.

iDEAL payments are a major part in the day-to-day life of millions of Dutch citizens, as someone already pointed out. This not being part of the app is a major missed opportunity and it’s the reason I’m not yet switching to Revolut completely. It’s simply a feature I can’t afford not to have.

Edit: partnering up with SOFORT would make payment requests more accessible for a lot of other European countries, each using their own unique online payment methods (iDEAL in the Netherlands for example).

5 Likes

Just one request to add here:

Make Tikkie requests available for Junior accounts too. When my kids get Tikkie requests they can only pay them from my (Parent) account which doesn’t make sense. I want my kids to have a bank account so I don’t have to worry about stuff that like that. Maybe have a parent approve a Tikkie, but don’t make it so that the payment goes from the main account…

3 Likes

Has there been any official communication from Revolut yet on implementing an iDeal option on the payment request page?

2 Likes

I’ve been using revolt for a few days now. everything looks good, and works well without a lot of unnecessary things. maybe ideal is a typical dutch thing… actually it is used by almost 90% of the population I think

I wonder why I can pay a payment request or a payment via ideal with revalt,
but can’t send a payment request from the revalt app that can be paid with ideal? this can only be paid with a revalt app

I think this is a missed opportunity to expand the target group, and it prevents me from switching completely for my banking business…

I hope that ideal payments will be added soon.

marcel

4 Likes

At the moment, this is indeed really a must for The Netherlands.
It is very common to send a payment request to friends & family. Most of which don’t have a Revolut account yet.
The payment requests from Revolut can only be paid with a 16-digit (credit) card number or another Revolut-account.
99% of the people in NL do not have a 16-digit card number, our Maestro cards do not have them. We have iDeal here.

However, from 2023 all new cards issued will be Mastercard Debit or Visa Debit. Maestro will be discontinued. So, hopefully, those new cards will have 1 a16-digit number on them so they can be used internationally / online.

But still, support for iDeal would be really useful since iDeal is so well-known and trusted and used by virtually 100% of the Dutch people…

3 Likes

This is the only main feature I’m missing in Revolut and what is preventing me from recommending Revolut to others. Please add iDeal as an option to payment links (in Netherlands) :pray: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have to agree here that this is a really important part in the Dutch society. I am nearly fully using Revolut as my bank account just a few small things are keeping me from going all the way. One of those being that this isnt a feature yet.

4 Likes

This has been the most desirable feature for a long time. Implement this, please.

3 Likes

It should not be that complicated to built, because we can already top-up with iDeal. And we can already split a bill (which sends a url by sms). only missing thing is a payment option iDeal when you split a bill.

It would also be great if splitting a bill does not send automatically a sms but creates a url and lets me (the user) decide to who I send it and also what message or app to use.

I am a new customer and really like the app but this a huge pain. I pay a lot of times for others and request money from 1 or multiple. But now if I split the bill they can only pay by card and not with iDeal, which is a huge no go for dutch users.

Please try to implement this feature, a lot of people are waiting on it.

3 Likes

Maybe another suggestion/idea relevant to this one.

If Revolut could reply here that would be great to know whether it is possible to get the option for iDeal requests (for Dutch customers).

But in case Revolut does not have the option (yet) to offer this extra payment feature to make money requests easy, another suggestion/idea would be to support payment requests with Apple Pay and Google Pay for Dutch Bank cards too as they are currently not working with the Revolut.me payment links.

2 Likes

Fully agree with everyone here. The vast majority of the Dutch population uses iDeal payment requests on a regular basis. If you want to appeal to the NL market, this is a must-have. It’s the only thing keeping me from fully migrating away from my current bank. Made my account just to bump and follow this thread :eyes:

6 Likes

@Mariana_Rodrigues

Is there some ETA of more info from the department in charge of this? Or from the Dutch branch of Revolut if they are looking into this very important tool?

As you can see some users on this Community (and I presume outside too) can not switch fully due to this ‘minor’ feature which could benefit us to use Revolut as main bank fully.

6 Likes

I would really want to see this too.
As currently sharing a bill or requesting a payment through a Revolut payment link only works with a credit card, which isn’t super common here. I mean, many have it, but also many do not and I have no way to request money from my friends/colleagues other than them having to type in my whole IBAN and such. It’s really tedious.

1 Like

Until now I like the way Revolut works. I indeed greatly miss the possibility to get an payment request to get paid using Ideal. It is only possible by card. If this works I do believe my complete family and some friends will start using Revolut.

I hope the Mods and Developers are reading here too to look into this needed feature for 2023!

I have opened a Revolut account one week ago, so far to my satisfaction, but I agree with the inability to issue a payment request through ideal. This way of payment request (betaalverzoek) brings the receiver directly to its own banking account to approve the request with one push of a button. That is the standard in the Netherlands and the pay request currently in Revolut will not fly in NL (you have to have a credit card/ have to fill in the cardnr/ expiry date and CVV code). Since Revolut is registered with Ideal for payments, to add this functionality in payment request with Ideal is the last part which would make Revolut a full alternative to my traditional banking account, At the moment that is still lacking. I hope it can be added soon.

6 Likes

@Jeroen1 Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community.We are delighted to have you here :sunflower:

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with your valuable feedback :smiley:

Veda | Community team

3 Likes