Register as refugee

Hi, i’m from Ukraine and want to register as refugee. How can I do it ?

3 Likes
1 Like

Hello @Pal1y :wave:,

Welcome to our community.

You can follow these steps to open an account:

• Download the Revolut app
  • Tap ‘Sign up’ and enter the phone number you’re currently using. It can be any phone number, including your Ukrainian phone number, as long as you can receive text messages to it
  • Select the country you’re currently in as your country of residence, e.g. Poland or Slovakia
  • Provide your current address outside Ukraine, e.g. address of the shelter, and fill out your personal info
  • Confirm your identity by selecting and uploading your Ukrainian passport* or identity card, as these are the documents that allow Ukrainian refugees to open an account

*If you’re of another nationality coming from Ukraine, you’ll need to follow the same steps and upload your passport as well as your Ukrainian visa.

Let us know if you are still facing issues with your account creation :speech_balloon: Thank you for the help @Frank. :star:

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

I tried to register but application asks me for a pasport\id and some local document (drivers licence from EU country, or resident card ) and there is no refugee options like it was before.

2 Likes

@Pal1y, I understand your point. Kindly contact us through the social media platforms so that we can help you further. You can reach us on:

Our support team will definitely help you with this. :pray:

SG | Community Team

2 Likes

Hello, @SG.Mandal! I’m Ukrainian refugee in Poland as well and I’m keeping getting refused to create and verify Revolut account when following this steps. I contacted support and they are keep asking for documents that are not issued for people like myself or the person who had created an opening post: visa or residence permit. I have government issued documents that are allowing me to stay, open bank accounts, work and open business and I’ve provided them. But I’m being refused to open an account anyway. This topic seems to show that this should be possible. Could someone help me with this or at least tell what have changed in relation to Ukrainian refugees.

2 Likes

Hello @PhistOfSwords :wave: ,

Welcome to our community. It’s unfortunate that you are unable to open an account with us. I would request you to kindly follow the steps mentioned here and try to open an account again. Let us know if you face any issues with your account creation. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply! You mean delete an account and then create a new one completely?

2 Likes

@PhistOfSwords , Do you have any active account with us already? :thinking:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

@SG.Mandal, I don’t, in terms that is not active as the document verification comes as further steps in account creation process. Because of the described situation I couldn’t finish activating my account but added my email \ phone number, so it’s in a limbo now, so to say. I contacted the support team about this issue twice, but with no success as I’ve described in my first reply :frowning:

2 Likes

@PhistOfSwords, In that case, kindly sent an email at help@revolut.com to cancel the existing registration. Once the cancellation is completed, please follow the steps, I have mentioned above to register with us. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

Hello, @SG.Mandal! I did as you told me and got instruction in the email on how to terminate the account. I’ve terminated previous registration and made a new one, following the steps you’ve described. To be exact:

• pressed ‘Sign Up’
  • filled my phone number (Ukrainian one) and got confirmation code, filled it
  • selected Poland as a country of residence
  • provided current address where I am in Warsaw, Poland
  • then I was required to select one of 4 options to upload documents:
    • Visa
    • Residence Permit
    • Ukrainian passport + Visa
    • Ukrainian Id + Visa

I’ve selected ‘Ukrainian passport + Visa’ as there were no option to just select my Ukrainian passport only. And then was required to take a photo of the documents. I’ve took a photo of my passport and uploaded it. As I’ve described above we don’t get any sort of Visas here, but our allowance to stay and work is issued by the government of Poland in a different form, but there are no option to upload such documents and support refuses to accept them as well.
When I followed these steps I got message that my documents failed validation and I can’t use the account.

May be I did something wrong, but I don’t have any idea what steps could I take differently as there were no other options. Please help.

1 Like

Hello @PhistOfSwords :wave: ,

We are sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved yet. To check why this has happened, we need to investigate your account thoroughly. Kindly sent an email at help@revolut.com so that we can check it further. :pray:

SG | Community Team