Received emails asking for my Tax ID and personal ID

Hi,

I’ve received several emails on my personal gmail asking for my Tax ID and personal ID and they wanted me to click on their link.

Are they legit?

I’ve accessed my Revolut app and there’s nowhere where it asks me for the same info.

Many thanks,

Chiara

2 Likes

Hi @tamborini.chiara and welcome to the user forum.
Phishing scams are rife - you may find [this :r: blog page] useful.
Conventional advice is - if it looks dodgy, it probably is particularly if the email account is not associated with your :r: account :wink:

2 Likes

Hello @tamborini.chiara :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. Thanks for reaching out to us about your concern. Regarding updating tax information, you will always receive a notification in your app. We never ask for sensitive information by email, call or text.

Fraudsters can send emails posing as representatives from trusted financial institutions, like Revolut. They often use various scam tactics to pressure you into sharing sensitive information.

If you receive a suspicious call, email, link, or text from someone you think might be pretending to be Revolut, it’s crucial to report it immediately. Your vigilance not only protects your personal and financial information, but also helps combat cybercrime. You can report it here - Report unrecognised activity

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the help @Graham_Lees. :star:

SG | Community Team

3 Likes