Opening an account

It’s been days and the app says"Your account will be ready soon," how long should i wait.

1 Like

@Ybaby Hello, Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I will stay in touch with you via DM as I would require more details to resolve this issue. :pray:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Dear Ms. Ramesh,
I submitted all documents and requested an account opening on 29.02.2024 and my request was placed on the waiting list. So far I have not received either invitation or any comments on my request.
Could you please clarify the status of my request?
Best regards.

1 Like

Hello @AndrewLu :wave: ,

Welcome to our community. I can understand your concern regarding the account opening. Can you please confirm me your country so that I can help you further? :thinking:

SG | Community Team

Dear Mandal,

I am an EU Citizen and have my Latvian Citizen Passport and, at the same time, my German Serviss Passport.
I have a long-term working contract (now extended until June 2027) with a recognizable German Company (Dorsch GmbH) for work duties in Jordan with permanent residing in this Country.

Accordingly, I have Residence and Work permits, Taxpayer registration, and a Bank account in Jordan.
While, of course, I have my home address and bank account in Latvia (EU).

The purpose of my request is that I would like to receive the monthly payments (my monthly remuneration plus reimbursement of my expenditures) from my Employer to my account in Revolut and further send it or part of it to my Jordan Bank account if this is possible.

Please your support/reply is quite desirable.

If you would like, for more credibility, we can communicate through my work email, at the same time, I am also ready to provide all supporting docs.

Best regards,
A.Lubovics

1 Like

@AndrewLu, Please confirm for which country you wish to register in Revolut so that we can check it further.

SG | Community Team

Hallo! Can it be for Jordan?
BR

1 Like

@AndrewLu, Right now, you will not be able to open an account for Jordan as this doesnot belong to our supported country list.

At the moment, we’re only able to support legal residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

:eu: The EEA includes: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.

We unfortunately aren’t able to offer accounts in overseas territories such as Gibraltar.

You can open a Lite account if you’re a legal resident of the following countries or territories:

• Armenia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kuwait
  • Macao SAR, China
  • North Macedonia
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Sri Lanka
  • Vietnam

We’re launching in other places around the globe soon, so stay tuned!

SG | Community Team

Dear Mandal,

Noted, thanks for the clarification.
Sorry to trouble you, however please reply to my last question, which is reffeed to the other option available to me.

Since I am a European citizen and place of my home residence is Latvia (place of work is Jordan), in case I open an account upon my home residence (EU) and receive money from an EU recognizable Employer (Geman company), will I be able to transfer my money to my account in Jordan.

Best regards.

1 Like

Hello @AndrewLu,

Thank you for raising your concern with us. If you open an account for Latvia, you can definitely transfer money to Jordan. When you send money to Jordan (USD), we won’t charge you additional currency exchange fees on weekdays if the transfer is within your exchange allowance. We may apply a transfer fee depending on how much you send, and your plan’s international transfer allowance. We’ll show any fees in-app before you transfer. You can check the fees here - Currency Exchange Fees

You can check the details here in the website as well - Revolut Latvia

Hope this helps. :pray:

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

SG | Community Team