Ohh Yes or Ohh No šŸ˜‰

Wondering what this is all about?:roll_eyes:

Donā€™t worry, nothing too serious! Friday is all about Netflix and chill. We just want to know how do you feel about our card designs.:thinking:

We have tons of cards along with different designs; sometimes, you can customise yours as well. So, itā€™s very important for us to know whether you like our designs or not. :credit_card:

If you like any other companyā€™s card, you can share that as well.

So, let me know in the comment section, which Revolut Card has ā€œOhh Yes :+1:ā€ design and which has ā€œOhh No :-1:ā€ design. I will share mine later.:star_struck:

Letā€™s see if my choice matches with yours.:wink:

2 Likes

is the phrase with special meaning.
Was that you intention.

1 Like

@stegu.ziga , No no. I just want to know which :r: card design do you like? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SG | Community Team

Gold Metal, and the formerly Gold Premium card are :heart_eyes:

But the best addition would be transparant cards, so they fit everywhere :wink:

2 Likes

I do indeed like my gold metal card very much.

But when I ordered my premium grey card I was honestly very disappointed. Extremely thin plastic, thinner than the free blue one, scratches too easily and just overall very cheap. Not a premium quality at all.
Luckily it was free included with the metal plan but a waste of my free card allowance!
Honestly would like to get it changed for another one. If I had paid for that I certainly would have complained about the quality.

Thanks for asking though

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha, transparent one would be the best indeed @Youssf. :heart_eyes:

So sorry to hear about this @CJD. :frowning_face: Thanks for sharing that with us. :people_hugging:

SG | Community Team

Frankly, I donā€™t give a sh*t about the design of the card.
It remains in my RFID wallet and only comes out for the less than the 30 seconds it takes to place it in the card reader to pay for goods after which it is immediately returned to the RFID wallet.
The status symbol of the card for me is the fact that it works and my goods are paid for without embarrassing myselfā€¦
But then Iā€™m old, experienced, a grumpy old fart and donā€™t give a monkeys toss about looks so wear tatty old clothes too for good measure :grinning:

2 Likes

Ohh god @Graham_Lees, you are hilarious. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well for me itā€™s pretty much the same. Iā€™m only concerned about whether the card is working or not. May be thatā€™s the reason my friends think, Iā€™m old school. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

SG | Community Team

1 Like

These are not my favourite designs, but some that stood out at the time:

• First direct, around 2006. Black, white typography, horizontal design but vertical branding. Very clever, unique, and bold.
  • Hello Bank, Belgium branch. When French BNP Paribas introduced a new corporate design for their various ā€ždigitalā€œ banks all over Europe, the Belgium subsidiary introduced the first vertical design that Iā€™ve seen in Europe.
  • American Express, Blue. Introduced in the late 1990s, early 2000s, the first ā€žtransparentā€œ design. Itā€™s still good. Some magstripe cards like IKEA family used translucent materials for a while. But Amexā€˜s design considerations were clever: they wanted to introduce a modern design that appeals to younger customers, and the design for the blue card did that. So much stuff was translucent in the ā€žiMac decadeā€œ. Amex Blue was the first card marketed explicitly for online shopping, as far as I can remember. (Amazon was founded 1994, and became more widely available in the late 1990s.)

Now back to Revolut: the standard design is good (brand recognition), maybe itā€™s a little dated now. But thatā€™s not necessarily something I mind. I miss the playfulness of the original logo a little bit. But again thatā€™s not something that bothers me.

But hereā€™s a really odd decision that I would like to have a chat about with the design department: translucent virtual cards!

Why? If I remember this correctly, virtual cards have been translucent from the start. When adding a card to your account, the card gallery has a 3D rotating effect. One scrolls through the designs, showing front and back. Virtual cards are presented translucent here. The design of the back shines through, like if the virtual card would be actually a physical translucent card. That always seemed an odd design decision to me. The virtual card only lives on your devices, thereā€™s no physicality to the card itself whatsoever. The transparency does not add anything to its visual representation in wallets like Appel Pay. It doesnā€™t add anything to its representation in Revolutā€™s card settings. (I am not 100 percent sure but I think the translucency was scaled back over time, there were more instances where it showed up as translucent in the app at some point.) Still, with the latest app update, the little icon when tapping ā€žget cardā€œ shows a translucent virtual card.

Sorry for the rambling, itā€™s not that I am annoyed by this odd decision (I donā€™t care that much about it), but I am really puzzled by it.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be sorry @Frank. Everyone is welcome to share their opinions here and thatā€™s reason behind this topic. Thank you so much for the feedback. :star:

SG | Community Team