Notifications for inbound transfer

One thing I would like to see implemented sooner rather than later is notifications when inbound transfers (e.g. payments) are received. This is one area where the consumer Revolut app excels, and where Revolut for Business lags behind.

Why: I receive payment from my clients. I know the due date of all invoices sent, but some prefer to pay early and some are (whether we like it or not) inevitably going to pay late.

As is, I need to log in on the desktop at least daily, only to check if (and which) invoices have been paid. When Iā€™m waiting for a particular payment that I know the client has made through SEPA, in some circumstances, I need to log in repeatedly throughout a day, or more.

How: E-mail notifications are easy to implement and would be very useful, even though itā€™s just a stopgap solution until thereā€™s a full-featured app.

When an inbound transfer has been received, trigger an email notification. Ideally, the email should contain the essential information, such as who transferred the money and what the sum and reference is.

If thatā€™s too sensitive to email according to Revolut, then simply state something along the lines of ā€œYouā€™ve received a transfer. Log in to find out moreā€. This would still be a huge timesaver.

Obviously, having a toggle to turn this feature on or off would be required, but if the off state is the default choice, granular settings could easily wait until later down the road.

8 Likes

life would be a lot easier if @revolut wouldnā€™t actively prevent business.revolut.com from been open from mobiles.

Also, HTML5 applications have mechanisms to notify you on the fly without resorting to insecure e-mail

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions @Johanejohansson and @alejandro.mery
I will pass this to our relevant team and possibly all suggestions will be implemented in the future to make our product better. :pray:

2 Likes

I +1 this request, that would be amazing!

@alejandro.mery E-mail needs not be insecure.
In an ideal world, anything that generates e-mail would optionally ask for your public PGP key.
User is too lazy to use PGP and fill-in a key? ā€œYou have a new paymentā€ it is.

Facebook does PGP encrypted e-mail. I wonder how many % of users use it.

In an even more ideal world, :r: would have a Business app.

1 Like

Hello !

Any news on that front ?
I use the business app but I canā€™t find a way to get notification when a transfer is received.

Too bad there are no email notifications when receive money. Instead they are the completely useless ones when we receive a message on the help chat.

1 Like

I miss the incoming transfers notifications ever since I use Revolut. Other platforms like Transferwise and Paysera have it and it is very convenient. It would be great to receive email notifications - to be parsed by accountant, and push notification in the app. While Revolut develops other applications, that we do not need, like expenses, or invoices, why not to implement simple and obvious feature required by all businesses ?

There is push notification for incoming transfers, but I donā€™t know about emails (havenā€™t look for it either)

I looks like we are using different Revolut. I have never received any single push notification about incoming transfer in Revolut business or personal apps, and there are no settings for it.

This would be so useful. Surely it is a simple thing for Revolut to implement.

1 Like

Still no way of receiving notifications, even email notifications, for any incoming payments to Merchant Account. This is vital. Free email notifications for every inbound Revolut Business Merchant account payment is a must for proper onine shops to operate. How else am i supposed to know if a customer made a payment (when using merchant page link, not a once-off payment request link)

1 Like

Still no way of receiving notifications, even email notifications, for any incoming payments to Merchant Account. Any way of generating a push notification via Zapier requires a paid Revolut Business account in order to ā€˜unlockā€™ API functionality? At least email notification should be free to all Revolut Business users. When customers send money to a Revolut Business Merchant account, an email should be send to the Revolut Business Merchant account owner.

1 Like

Hi @revolut_user123 :wave: ,

So sorry that you are not receiving the notifications for payments.:frowning_face: May I know have you checked your ā€œSettingsā€ for that yet? :thinking:

To do this, go to Settings> Notifications > Transfers > then enable notifications. :hammer_and_wrench:

For more details about notifications, just have a look at our FAQ page here.

Hope this helps. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

As you can see, thereā€™s no email notifications for inbound transfers.