New SIM card URGENT

hello,
i signed up to revolut using a Portuguese number and now I’m in Laos and the app started asking for a confirmation code sent to my Portuguese number, but the number doesn’t work here. I would like to know if it’s possible to change the number so I can use revolut again. quick reply needed please!

Hi, are you able to be inside the app, and to go to your profile settings? From there you will be able to change your phone number.

No, it asks me to login and it sends a code to my Portuguese number in order to confirm that it’s me. It never did this before and now I’m travelling and my Portuguese number doesn’t work, so i need the revolut team to change my number! thanks for the reply though!

Hello @danieljmcardoso :slight_smile:

Try to log in with your phone number and, when you’re asked for the pin, click Forgot? and then Support. You’ll be able to reach the support chat there.

You might also want to reach :r: on Twitter, to see if they can speed things up:
:bird: https://twitter.com/Revolutapp

:wink:

thank you! i will do that!

1 Like

This proves that SMS as a form of two-factor authentication is a bad idea. One problem is that many people deliberately switch to a local SIM card when travelling.