New insurance options for Metal

And the excess fee is £50 now. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

My thoughts remain the same as before: Buy real insurance. Read the insurance coverage document and be underwhelmed. I have yet to read any coverage document from a credit card provider being anywhere near up to par with real insurance. You will most probably experience that you are significantly underinsured when you might need it.

To me, the insurance that comes with a credit card, is a nice extra. It’s not a feature I am willing to pay extra for.

5 Likes

so, just to understand. if you choose metal you pay 13 per month. and for the car-hire excess you pay extra 50?

I don’t get it.

The Car Hire Excess covers damage to glass / tyres / windshield but excludes any scratch / damage to paint or any damage to the body of the vehicle?

That pretty much excludes any of the most common damage that is likely to occur during a rental. :man_shrugging:

Looking at all the exclusions, calling this ‘excess cover’ insurance at all looks very dubious indeed to me.
Going to catch a few people out for sure

4 Likes

Agreed, given the nature of most claims for hire cars this feature is a false economy and for one I am glad I saw this post.

2 Likes

Glad I came across this post as I was about to subscribe to the Metal a/c primarily for the Car Hire excess Insurance benefit. However the car hire has to be 200km away from home. So no good for a staycation holiday during Lockdown in most parts of the UK.

Is this really a ‘Benefit’?

I agree with the previous poster proper Car Hire Excess Insurance can be bought online by UK regulated Insurers for less than £50

Do you know if you need to pay with the metal revolut card to have the insurance covered ?

1 Like

Thanks Vvaccaro, got the metal card activated as eas able to get into the account after I set up my profile, thanks for your advice

Are you able to tell me where I can read the entire Travel Insurance details. Revolut doesn’t seem to allow you to open it anywhere and I want to know everything about it before I decide on which card to apply for. I would appreciate your help - no help from Revolut itself!

2 Likes

I agree. I’m on here looking for more details of the insurance cover. I’m surprised they are allowed to sell it to you without letting you read the terms and conditions - and then by the sound of it charging you €50 if you decide it isnt for you and want ro cancel your metal card subscription! Benefits that aren’t benefits. I’m really disappointed in them.

T&Cs are becoming accessible during the sing up flow before committing to the subscription. You can then still decide not to proceed. At least this is how I remember it, I haven’t checked this out for some time.

1 Like

Thanks Frank. I will give that a go. Was not sure at what point i’d be committed so that’s good to know.

You can always contact support to be sure.

On every promo material they mention “damage to your rental car” which is a veery misleading information after checking exact policy wording.

1 Like

Agree with you, I was surprised with the difference between the advertised coverage versus the real coverage in the T&C