New charges for usd recipients?

I am a little confused with the email I received today from revolut about the flat fee of 8 gbp between the local usd accounts.

Last time I moved usd from my transferwise(wise) to revolut usd and cost me 0.39 usd on the wise side but nothing in revolut

Usd from revolut to wise 0.21 usd

So what is this 8 gbp all about?
I’m about to be paid monthly in usd for contract work for a UK company. Do I give them the ach details or swift? I assume it depends where their money in usd is originating from. Maybe they could set up a revolut business account in usd

Thanks

1 Like

It’s not really clear to me who’s going to pay whom and where exactly. You also didn’t say if you opened your Revolut account in the UK or US. But If you live in the UK and you’re referring to receiving USD from a US account, the most cost effective way should be Wise, ACH transfer. ACH payments are free.

If you’re located in the US, and the company pays you from a UK account, it would be a SWIFT transfer.

(Both Revolut and Wise consider most income from freelance contractual work as business transactions, and not salary. Their business account offerings might be the safer way to get paid.)

2 Likes

Uk revolut user.
I have a usd and UK account with both wise and revolut.
Soon I’ll be charging a UK customer in usd

Appears giving them my ach wire details will be cheaper for me.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello everyone :wave:,

This is applicable for non-US users only. You will be able to receive domestic wire transfers through your local US account. A flat fee of 8 GBP/10 CHF/10 USD will be applied to each inbound wire transfer which will be covered by the recipients. Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like