Mastercard vs Visa

Mastercard is better because every EEA country have their own local country bin so you can use that card on local services that accept only local cards (geoblocking like AppStore, Spotify and so on…), on Visa we all have UK bin. I hope that Revolut will do something to fix it.

1 Like

This is correct. The full company name is Swisscard AECS GmbH. Take a closer look at the capital letters (hint: has something to do with American Express and Credit Suisse).

1 Like

,:joy: Pretty obvious, AECS

good morning, a question. According to which criterion when I request a standard physical card an MC or Visa is issued

Your contry of residence and whatever Revolut thinks which card issuer they assign to the country.
Though Premium/Metal cards have always been Mastercard

2 Likes

When you order a standard card, before you place an order you’ll see a MC or a Visa. What you see is what you get.

1 Like

I would also like to know the answer to this as in Croatia now the only option is a Visa card and therefore you can no longer use Revolut with Garmin Pay. Will Revolut support Garmin Pay with a Visa card or can we order MasterCard to ensure Garmin pay compatibility and how? Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

I have not seen any official news about Revolut supporting GarminPay.
However, if you want guaranteed Mastercard you can upgrade to premium plan, order a premium card and then downgrade within 14 days via a customer agent.
They will charge you for the card and refund you the cost of the plan.

Contact a customer agent first as I might not have covered everything.

I’ve just added my Revolut Visa card to Garmin Pay (I was unable to do it some while ago, even though I WAS able to add my Revolut MasterCard to Garmin Pay)
BTW. I am sill unable to add my RevP card to both (Google Pay and Garmin Pay)

Strange, did you tried to do so by removing this card from google pay app and add it again? In my case it resolves the issue.

Looks like :r: is issues new Visa cards, decoded by bin checker as debit infinite card :hugs:

1 Like

You should be aware that the free checkers are not guaranteed to be correct.

2 Likes

Wow! It does work! (Google Pay). Garmin still does not.

1 Like

You are right, but it is different BIN than old beta Visa and standard/virtual Visa’s available recently to order in the app in my country.

did anybody notice this? Premium designs as Visa cards. Metal is still displayed as Mastercard.

4 Likes

you are right!!

1 Like

I forgot to say that new BIN is for premium Visa cards :expressionless: interesting step because BIN doesn’t looks country specific on those Visa cards

This does not mean it doesn’t exist.
LeoPay and iCard are Visa, Paysera is Visa
Probably there are more

Neither are the paid ones :clown_face: it’s literally just a database

The “free” ones typically offer paid API access for larger usage too, for what it’s worth

Today I’ve received new Visa - (probably) Debit card (I cannot see any prepaid info, bin checker said that it is debit also)

Curve recognized this card as Credit Visa

1 Like