Lump sum deposit from UK pension fund

I’m heading to the UK and need to transfer a lump sum pension payout to an account in the UK. Will my account be considered a valid UK account? It’s through my Australian mobile number.

1 Like

Considered valid by whom? Generally Revolut UK accounts function in terms of sending and receiving funds exactly like accounts of other banks. I never had a problem with my own account.

1 Like

Hello @StimpsonJCat :wave:,

Welcome to our community. May I know are you asking if you can transfer the amount to your UK account because you registered with us with an Australian number? :thinking:

I am sharing some FAQ links with you related to bank transfers. Hope that will clarify your concern.

Was this helpful? Let us know.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

SG | Community Team

I’d give revolut a heads up as they may carry out verification of funds if it’s out of character.

1 Like

Yes, the funds are with a pension fund in Bristol and they need a UK based account to be able to transfer the money to but most of the high street banks won’t let me open an account unless I reside permanently in the UK.

1 Like

@StimpsonJCat, Thanks for confirming the details. You can change your address in-app if your new country of residence is serviced by the same Revolut entity as the one with which your account is originally registered. You can check more details here - How do I change my country of residence? :arrow_backward:

If you need to change the address to a country serviced by a different entity, then the only option is to close your account and open a new one with the Revolut entity providing services in that country. Costs and charges may apply.

:point_right: Learn more about account closing from this FAQ.

:earth_africa: Check the list of supported countries in this FAQ.

Hope that helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team